Infrastructure Delivery Manager
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The role of the Infrastructure Delivery Manager (IDM) is to develop technical network deployment projects and work packages with the support of Enterprise Network Technology (ENT) 's data network designers, engineers, implementation and service assurance teams. They will own the end-to-end coordination and execution tracking of tasks of their agreed plans with their project teams in order to achieve the benefits or changes requested in the approved project mandate. They are responsible for all effort, cost and timeframe budget generation with related approvals and where necessary the engagement of 3rd party service providers required of their projects.
This relates to the Thomson Reuters (TR) in sourced Network Communications (NetComms) estate as it aligns to expectations and timescales to meet business priorities.
The IDM will define, scope and manage one or more projects of medium size/complexity and will work with senior project and other management to ensure technical and/or business objectives are achieved. Typical projects may include the entire lifecycle from requirements through to deployment or specific parts of the lifecycle of a larger project. Typical project complexity/size will 6-12 months duration and involve up to 10 FTEs across one or more locations. Team members in IDM/Project Manager role are expected to display core competencies such as Project Delivery, Financial Management, Risk Management, and Estimating and Planning.
Delivers projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the IDM's project management framework. Defines, documents and manages small to medium scale projects with minimal supervision, working with multiple teams that may have differing priorities and working/cultural practices. Actively participates in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, and commitment to make decisions Estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints. Prepares and maintains project plans and tracks activities against the plan Implement effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that deliverables are implemented within these criteria. Manages change control gaining agreement for revisions from project stakeholders. Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Identifies any problems with sponsorship.
- Coordinate activities (technical and non technical) with network teams from High Level Design to implementation to operational assurance.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to ensure project deliverables and timescales are agreed.
- Liaise with Business and Commercial Operations (BCO) to ensure efficiency around the commercial governance framework.
- Liaise with BCO to ensure accuracy of hardware ordering and deliverability.
- Liaise with 3rd party colocations and TR Datacenter Site Operations team(s) to ensure readiness for deployment as it relates to power\space\cabling etc.
- Ensure OSS and BSS configuration management systems are updated as part of any new infrastructure deployed.
- Ensure transition to service assurance teams.
- Track actual spend against forecasted budget.
- Drive deliverables and dates with respective teams and their dependencies.
- Manage multiple deployments and priorities
- Build repeatable and scalable operating and planning models.
- Manage out inefficiencies of processes.
- High Standards of reporting output in line with departmental standards.
- Overall professional experience 10 years
- Minimum 5 years experience with planning and managing network infrastructures deployments globally
- Preferred working experience in telecom service provider or network services integration provider
- PMP \ Prince 2 Certification or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree
- ITIL and CCNA with advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Fully competent in technical knowledge of telecommunications, and Data infrastructure and Financial Data Networks include the carrier access networks, Cisco and Juniper networking technologies
- Fully competent in network operations methodologies.
- Fully competent in generating and then managing plans with senior stakeholders
- Knowledge and relationship with service integration providers and carriers
- Ability to articulate business drivers to technical jargon (vice versa).
- Understanding of co-location space diversity in terms of Network and Mechanical and Electrical.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly articulate issues.
- Ability to navigate diverse processes' and organizational structures in order to deliver results.
- Proficient in MS Project and the MS Office Suite
Professional Skills & Core Competencies
- Demonstrated achievements in planning, directing and implementing complex projects on time, within budget and with desired functionality
- Ability to be broadly focused and manage multiple efforts concurrently
- Ability to allow sufficient independence while maintaining alignment and overall direction
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to learn quickly and immediately apply new knowledge
- Ability to work in fast-paced, changing, and ambiguous environments
- Must have excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership skill
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude
- Experience with managing projects globally is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top