Information Systems Engineer
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. Through its more than 50,000 people across 93 countries, Thomson Reuters delivers this must-have insight to the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, and is powered by the world's most trusted news organization. More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com http://www.thomsonreuters.com/
The successful candidate will be part of a global IT technology team that provides IT services to internal business units from around the globe, with a strong focus on providing support for systems based in Japan and Korea. They will be reporting to the team lead that is based in Sydney, Australia. Therefore the candidate must have good communication skills in Japanese, Korean and English. Good communication skills in Mandarin are highly desirable but not essential. The Systems Engineer role will be responsible for a mix of systems that are used internally and externally, hence the candidate should have strong troubleshooting skills and be able to prioritize work based on their importance. The role will also involve consulting work for internal customers to understand their IT requirements and offer solutions based on the technology services we have available within our company.
- Level 2/3 – VMware systems administration.
- Level 2/3 – Windows systems administration.
- Support and maintain HP and EMC storage arrays.
- Recovering incidents, implementing changes, participate in strategic projects.
- Coordination with hardware vendors for hardware related issues.
- System upgrades such as firmware, OS, and security patching and deployment.
- Communicate status updates on incident resolution, change execution and projects as appropriate.
- Ensure that backups are completed on a daily basis (troubleshooting backup issues on a daily basis)
- Communicate issues to teams around the region and assist in problem finding (Japanese, Korean and English a must, Mandarin highly desirable).
- Alignment of infrastructure environments and services with current and future business requirements.
- Assisting and supporting projects to be delivered in a timely manner and within budget.
- Development and implement technical documents to better place standard operating models.
- Compliance adherence to change management and proper escalation process.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years Windows systems administration experience.
- Windows server OS knowledge: Windows 2012, Windows 2008.
- 2-4 years VMware vSphere knowledge: 5.x and 6.x.
- Understanding of iSCSI and Fiber Channel.
- High level understanding of LAN technologies in the space of switches/routers and firewalls.
- Hands on experience in resolving system performance issues, root cause analysis and complex problems.
- Hands on experience with server hardware: HP & Dell Rack mount and Blade servers.
- Experience with enterprise patch management systems such as IBM Endpoint Manager (IEM).
- Must have worked in an ITIL compliant environment, worked with change control, incident mitigation, knowledge and problem management processes.
- Scripting experience in PowerShell will be an added advantage.
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top