Information Security Engineer
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Richmond. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of Thomson Reuters – including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen its position as the trusted "Answer Company" in the market.
The role is within the Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) group responsible for the support of Thomson Reuters security infrastructure; including Active Directory, Privileged Identity Management, and Endpoint Security. You will have the opportunity to learn - and provide skilled technical support - for our current infrastructure security toolset as well as our future security services within the technical operations environment.
- Key part of the 24/7 (follow-the-sun) security operational support team:
- Operational 2rd line support of security tools and infrastructure. This will include Anti-malware tools (Trend OfficeScan, SPNAF), encryption tools (Vormetric and Symantec), Active Directory and Trend Deep Security Manager.
- 2nd level operational support includes, responding to alerts, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and problem resolution to meet customer and SLA needs.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with other IT disciplines inside the larger organization, including network engineering, storage engineering, systems management engineering, and platform engineering to provide resolution of service issues.
- Working with our partners to define and apply security configurations for the services offered by ISRM.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years operational IT experience within an enterprise environment. Preferably some experience with security tools.
- Experience supporting as least 2 of the above tools e.g. anti-malware and Active Directory
- Systems administration experience in Windows Server 2008 (or later) or Linux.
- Basic understanding of basic TCP/IP principles and current LAN technology,
- Experience with Active Directory or anti-malware tools, in a large corporate environment, is an advantage.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (oral / written).
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Enterprise experience in any Identity Management system including LDAP services
- Experience with Storage technologies, Monitoring tools, and Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms a plus ( VMware, Hyper V)
- Knowledge of and experience with AD Recovery and Auditing tools including Recovery Manager and Change Auditor.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top