We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Information Architect
Business Unit: Technology and Operations - Platform
Product or Service:
The Enterprise Data Services group of Thomson Reuters, part of our corporate technology organization, provides Big & Linked Data platforms as a service to internal and external customers. Our mission is to provide a 'one-stop shop' for storage, compute and modeling of cross-business content and knowledge. One of our key deliverables is the creation and utilization of a knowledge graph using existing content from across the business, and built according to linked data standards.
Our Knowledge Graph team is tasked with the delivery of the information architecture strategy to drive Linked data and Semantic Web technologies. It is also tasked with the ontology modelling of the core datasets.
The team is also tasked with the creation of all ECP (see below) IA standards and best practises to drive the enterprise platform to be a world-class example of data management in a big data environment.
The group is currently seeking a highly motivated individual who combines strong information modeling skills with business engagement and solution analysis, with an ability and desire to learn and put to use new technologies.
The Enterprise Content Platform (ECP) is an innovative technology and a business direction for Thomson Reuters.
ECP puts content from all Thomson Reuters' businesses in a single place, fueling our growth as we acquire, store and use content as an enterprise. A single content location coupled with the ability to share found relationships across this enterprise content will enable new business models, services and products.
The ECP technology stack starts with big data technologies and extends those capabilities into the Cloud. ECP is a unique industry and leading implementation of these technologies in their use as multi-tenant and secured clusters with shared content and functionality. We make it an enterprise environment by adding content replication and application resiliency with self service interfaces.
ECP is a ground breaking, exciting opportunity for information architects ready to learn new skills, solve difficult problems and drive the Linked Data and Big Data industries forward. We are looking for information architects who want to be fully engaged in using technology to solve business problems.
The Knowledge Graph is an enterprise level graph storing core Thomson Reuters datasets, it uses a proprietary triplestore (recently open sourced) and delivers consistent datasets to downstream business oriented products.
We are looking for information architects who want to be fully engaged in using technology to solve business problems and are willing to push the boundaries of what is the current Linked Data field.
This position will report to the director for ECP information architecture.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Design and deploy enterprise level ontologies
- Contribute in the definition of ECP standards and best practices
- Research RDL/OWL emerging patterns, techniques and tools (ie SHACL)
- Promote Linked Data practices within TR
- Liaise with business unit projects using the Knowledge Graph toolset and data
- Conceive, plan and build working POC on semantic web and linked data topics
- Work within the IA group to help define, maintain and implement common information modeling standards.
- Support creation of inference rules to define views on content in the knowledge graph.
- Enterprise architects
- Solution Architects
- Business unit analysts
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Relevant IT industry experience, including proven information architecture experience
- Proven experience with linked/open data standards and related disciplines like ontological modeling
- Hands-on experience with OWL, RDF and SPARQL
- Proven experience in at least one programming language between Python, Java or Scala.
- Demonstrable knowledge of content management, modeling and processing
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation & influencing skills
- Desire and drive to make decisions stick, rapidly building consensus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including with Executive audiences
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
- Experience with Agile software development methods
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top