Industry Market Development Lead, Automotive
Summary of the Role
The Industry Market Development Lead, Automotive will provide a key interface into Tax & Accounting in order to deliver against the TR Industry Practice Group plan. This role will co-ordinate business unit resources to deliver on resource and investment commitments.
- Represent / act on behalf of Tax & Accounting in setting the overall direction, strategy and business plans for the automotive services industry.
- Define the Tax & Accounting propositions that are most important for solving automotive clients' business problems. Size the opportunity and define how to deliver revenue growth targets in a three-year period.
- Translate the overall Thomson Reuters direction, strategy and business plans for the industry, into specific BU industry and account plans and priorities.
- Work with Global TR Industry Practice Leader to agree specific BU plan and targets.
- Provide inspiring leadership on multiple dimensions – senior client leadership, thought leadership, and collaborative leadership within the Industry Practice, their BU verticals, and throughout the Thomson Reuters Go-To-Market (GTM) organization.
- Maximize existing industry and account revenues and generate/drive new revenue opportunities through strategic development projects.
- Coordinate and prioritize business unit and regional resources to deliver on resource / investment commitments to the industry.
- Manage the relationship with the regional sales and support teams to ensure account strategies are effectively executed with the customers' expectations met.
- Represent Thomson Reuters at a senior level within the most strategically important accounts in the industry, and build strong relationships with decision makers, influencers and thought leaders in the industry.
- Support the development and growth of key relationships and C-suite dialogue in order to collaboratively address their needs through innovation and product extensions
- Engage with customers about their strategic priorities and jointly develop innovative solutions that facilitate a closer partnership and a more sustainable long-term business.
- Understand and share market knowledge and industry direction internally to help inform investment decisions around proposition design and development, innovation, sales and services.
- Proactively build industry eminence and deliver thought leadership to the industry and drive proactive, industry-changing insight around themes like risk, operations, trade flow increasing Thomson Reuters relevance.
KPIs / Deliverables
- BU strategy and priorities for the industry
- Performance against business unit industry business plan and annual revenue plan
- Revenue growth and retention against key account
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- MBA or Master's degree strongly preferred; Bachelor degree required.
- 8 years' experience in a similar function; thorough knowledge of the ONESOURCE offering
- 5 years' automotive industry experience
- Senior sales executive role with strong commercial edge and business judgment, that is able to lead and motivate a team of senior account managers global to deliver results.
- Domain expertise in the automotive industry sector is preferred, as is an understanding of the trends and factors likely to be of concern to customers in the industry. Strong network in the industry.
- Superior client engagement and relationship-building skills, and ability to build C-level relationships in leading global organizations and Fortune 500 companies.
- Proven track record of delivering results, growing a business and leading significant change or transformation in complex matrix-driven organizations and demonstrating tangible results.
- Proven ability to lead and operate successfully in a collaborative, matrixed global organizational structure.
- Excellent collaboration and diplomatic skills, and be able to influence and drive change, encourage collaboration, and work effectively in a complex matrix-driven organization.
- Global experience, working and leading in multiple markets and regions.
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive amidst ambiguity and adapt to shifting circumstances.
- Proven ability to develop and execute innovative sales strategies
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top