Incident Response Internship
Refinitiv looking for an incident response intern to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Hoboken. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of Refinitiv's- including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help Refinitiv strengthen its position.
The Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) group protects the information assets of Refinitiv through managing risk, deploying effective security risk framework and ensuring regulatory compliance. This role will sit within the Security Operations group which provides protects and defends the Refinitiv enterprise.
You will gain:
- Hands-on experience with incident investigations
- The tools you need to be successful, in a stimulating work environment
- Sharpened technical skills with the opportunity to grow a career
- Work alongside CIRT analysts to provide technical, hands-on incident investigation and support
- Aid HR, compliance and Data Loss Prevention teams in internal employee investigations
- Monitor for and investigate suspicious or malicious activity and alerts
- Ongoing review of SIEM dashboards, system, application logs, and custom monitoring tools
- Perform malware and threat analysis
- Monitor and analyze SIEM, UBA, network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs
- Prioritize and differentiate between potential incidents and false alarms
- Stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures
Your specific experience must include:
- Pursuant of a Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science/Information Security/similar major with at least one full semester left following the end of summer 2019
- Solid academic record
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Reflection of strong analytical skills and attention to detail, which will allow advising on how best to respond to abnormal network/system behavior
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Having experience in the following areas:
- Basic understanding of network technologies such as TCP/IP, IDS/IPS, firewalls, LAN/WAN, routing and switching.
- Basic knowledge of one of the following platforms in an enterprise environment - Microsoft Windows, Solaris, Linux.
- Basic understanding of threat vectors such as Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), Phishing, Malicious Payloads, Malware, etc.
- Knowledge of offensive security techniques
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Back to top