Implementation Manager Overview & Responsibilities:
Collaborates with team colleagues and contributes to the delivery of team objectives in addition to the wider organization targets and goals
Leads, defines, documents and executes/deploys highly visible projects or programs, actively participating in all project (implementation) phases:
- Recognizes and addresses project profile, risks and complexity
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to positive benefit and project (implementation) success
- Understands the impact of those risks on business goals
- Good level of understanding on KYC/AML matters and ability to work alongside Policy, Operations and Client Consultants
Initiates and manages multiple large projects, in parallel across multiple locations and with multiple dependencies for single or multiple clients.
Leads the definition, delivery and deployment phases of the TR project process and liaises with the budget holder and other key stakeholders.
Cover a range of project based documentation ranging from, but not limited to RAID Log, Financial Reports, Business Cases, Project Plans, Communication Plans, Status Reports, Project Initiation Documents, Statement of Work (SOW) and Requirements Gathering.
Determines project methodology and defines project scope, project objectives and communications protocols (including the need to mobilize either a real or virtual program or project board).
Outlines and agrees project scope as well as constraints to determine requirements, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project being estimated and/or implemented.
Highlights and communicates effectively any divergence from the original (or revised and agreed) project scope and adjusts that scope where necessary to reflect e.g. changed circumstances.
Plans and analyses resource and operational capacity across multiple projects, then manages any resource challenges to successful conclusion:
- Manages (often conflicting) priorities
- Influences outcomes positively
- Reduces "bottlenecks" in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
Ensures "corrective actions" are taken where any costs, timescales or resource utilizations deviate from previously agreed tolerances:
- Manages the change control process and gains agreement to any revisions to the project from relevant project stakeholders
- Ensures that the full impact of significant changes, are understood by all project stakeholders, including Service Delivery team colleagues
Delivery of training to all external stakeholders and supports in pre-sales and post-sales activities to ensure the growth of the business.
Demonstrates an understanding of business process management as well as document and records management throughout project and stakeholder engagements and interactions.
REPORTING AND RELATIONSHIPS:
The Implementation Manager:
- Reports to the Head of Client Experience, based in London
- Builds productive relationships with FI clients
- Works closely with all RMS colleagues and in particular the Client Consultants, Operations, and other Implementation Managers
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
(Knowledge, experience, skills and competencies)
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Understanding of the principles of KYC, regulated environments and financial institutions, underpinned by relevant operations experience
- Some experience of:
oOnboarding, KYC & client due diligence models
oControl functions required to maintain the integrity of client data
oWorking with technology driven document management services and applications
- Strong Project Management skills
- A strong track record of organized deliver and ideally service implementations:
oIn a competitive and commercial Managed Service and/or Shared Services environment (large corporate and multi-national client base)
oAgainst complex client demands and varying (often conflicting) business demands
- Sound track record of:
oAnalyzing issues and delivering robust and "fit for purpose" solutions (often at pace)
oStriving for results and delivery (individually and as part of the team)
oHigh profile engagements, building trust and exceeding client expectations
- Sophisticated and influential communications skills including the presentation of sometimes complex concepts or data sets to internal or client audiences (all levels of seniority and leadership)
- Well developed and influential stakeholder management skills (all levels)
- Some experience of business process management (techniques and procedures) including workflows and process mapping
It is useful if candidate is able to demonstrate evidence or understanding of the following:
- Understanding of Pre-Sales and Business Development
- Understanding of RFP/RFI for Financial Initiations
- Has PMP
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top