Human Resources Business Partner, Greater China & Korea
- Hong Kong
This purpose of this role is to provide first line HR consultation and advice to managers on people-related matters impacting their business. This role is expected to provide strong in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise on all aspects of HR from organisational design to talent management.
- Understand the drivers to company performance, the industry, the company value proposition and how the business retains competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Works closely with managers to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning.
- Facilitates the resolution of employee relations issues and conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations in partnership with management.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR consultancy and advice to line managers in the delivery of people-related activities i.e. performance management, career development, talent management, succession planning and organisational effectiveness programs,etc.
- Facilitates and/or provides employee/manager training (including induction and on-boarding).
- Manages and/or participates in HR related projects.
- Drives personal development to maintain and improve knowledge and skills needed to perform at a high level.
- Regularly attends external events to promote Thomson Reuters HR and stays current on latest trends and external context (both commercial and HR specific) that would be prevalent to Thomson Reuters People Strategy and in the Region.
- Develops professional network both internally and externally and develops own profile to help identify best practices for the function (both commercially and for HR)
- Well rounded experience across a range of HR disciplines (business partnering, recruitment, talent, employee relations, training, compensation, organization development, etc) is essential.
- Ability to understand and work effectively in complex multinational business environments
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of employment practice across China and the North Asia region and the impact on daily HR activities
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills with the ability to adapt communication style to be effective at all levels
- Fluent in English language with good presentation skills. Fluent Mandarin and Chinese writing skills required.
- Commercial acumen with excellent problem solving and analytical ability
- Previous experience in handling employee relations matters
- A good team player with the ability to collaborate across functions and locations
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and be flexible and resilient in a changing environment
- Well organized and disciplined with regards to the application of HR policy, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of Workday, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point are essential
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Back to top