Thomson Reuters is theworld's leading source of news and information for professional markets. Ourcustomers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and expertisetheyneed to find trusted answers. The business has operated in more than 140 countriesfor more than 100 year
We are passionate aboutour work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As ateam, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, anddeveloping through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000employees in more than 140 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries andrealize innovations that help shape industries around the world
- Country/business unit/large sub-unit of BUresponsibility for delivery and implementation of core HR processes and HRprojects/initiatives.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert on avariety of Human Resources related topics.
- Develops local HR solutions. Accountable foroperational service delivery.
- Leads significant projects.
- Manages complex ER cases.
- Regular exposure to senior leadership.
- Analyses the business to identify and recommendHR priorities to support business agenda. Providing direction and staffmanagement to HR team, ensuring activities are focused on key business issuesand that an effective operational service is provided.
- Reviews and guides on wider HR activities orinitiatives generated by central or global groups.
- Liaising with these groups to ensure they areaware of business requirements.
- Ensuring a consistent approach to HR activitiesand compliance with regional and global policies and legal requirements whilstadhering to local statutory requirements under employment legislation.
- May be project owner on certain elements of aproject, will provide HR resource to business projects to ensure proper focuson people/organization aspects of the project.
- Providing direction for the business in allmatters associated with staff and will coach business unit management teams toenhance individual and team capability in areas of HR operations activity, suchas the annual HR cycle.
Scope & Impact
- Reporting to Senior HR Regional Lead.
- Provides advice and support to business groupsand HR colleagues across all HR disciplines.
- Will have direct relationships with first andmiddle management within one ormore business units in one or more countries.
- Is likely to sit on a junior management teamwithin aligned BU.
- Will have business responsibility for one orcluster of countries.
- Good overall business knowledge and a commercialapproach to the resolution of people issues.
- Regularly take part in regional projects.
- Bachelor degree in HR or similar .
- Master's degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience as HRBP
- Demonstrates strong analytic and collaborationskills
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidentialinformation.
- Ability to present to and influence leadershipteam
- Builds relationships with leaders as a trustedadvisor and works across business areas, in a highly matrixed organization
- Innovative – ability to propose effective,original solutions to business needs and problems.
- Skilled at planning, project management, timemanagement, decision-making, presentations and human and organizationalrelations
- Advanced English (written and oral) is a must
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top