HR Operations Coordinator
The HR Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the HR Operational Excellence team in achieving their goals and objectives in support of the overall US HR team. The primary focus of this role will be to provide BAU processing support to the HR Partner Community and US managers. This position may also support a variety of other operational HR work including Compensation Audits, New Hire Compliance audits, Special Projects, and other work.
This role regularly works with information that requires a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
Will provide an opportunity to work with HR systems, processes, and operating mechanisms that are foundational for HR professionals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BAU Processing / Manual Track Processing (Workday HRIS related)
This role may support BAU and Manual Track processing, and the HR Community.
- Maintaining HR system data integrity and working with members of the Operational Excellence team to process data updates via both electronic and paper processes.
- Developing broad HR systems and process knowledge in order to provide support to the HR Community, reporting and issue resolution related to key initiatives. May be trained and tasked with system administrator responsibilities for selected systems, including those related to Position Fulfilment, Compensation, Recruiting and On-boarding, Employee exits and others. Provide system support and respond to inquiries for annual processes including Performance, Goals, and ACP (Annual Compensation Planning).
- Researching, escalating and resolving issues. Identifying and documenting recurring or systemic issues that require broader attention and resolution by the Operational Excellence team.
- Manually setting up employees in the HR system.
- Fielding general HR questions from team members and business-facing HR community.
- Support the management of issues and/or escalations related to the HRSC (Alight Solutions).
Workday Manager Support Desk
- The Workday Manager Support Desk goal is to improve support and service to Managers, and increase their knowledge and ability with utilizing Workday.
- Respond to Manager Inquiries that may come to the Desk via phone calls, and email. Use a service mindset, and consultative/educational approach to understand the situation, advise, and educate Managers.
- Have solid understanding of Workday Business Processes to include actions Managers, Employees, HR, and HR Ops/KEs are responsible for transacting in Workday.
- Ensure that service level expectations are delivered, such as service times, and quality of Manager experience.
- Utilize tools and technology to assist Managers, such as IM Connect / WebEx, and tracking system to document and track all inquiries.
- Use internal escalations process to ensure complex inquiries and/or issues are resolved and responded to in an appropriate timeframe.
This role may support the maintenance of HR compensation data integrity long term through a variety of data collection and submission processes; monitor or key employee and HR related data; compile and manipulate data to create basic reports that inform decision-making; provide general support for a variety of HR systems (Workday) and processes; assist in the research, escalation and resolution of people-related operational issues; and, provide project management and administrative support to key HR initiatives. Main areas of responsibility include: Processing of BAU and Manual Track Workday tasks.
- Auditing data periodically and making corrections as required.
- Running both periodic and ad hoc reports from Workday and other HR systems data. May develop, monitor, and schedule automated reports.
New Hire Compliance Audits
This role may conduct routine audits of I-9s and Background Checks to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Respond to questions from the HR and Recruitment community, and monitor the central email mailbox for inquiries.
This role may support special handling processing of other operational processes, such as employee record requests.
- Fielding questions from HR and Managers.
- Maintain relationships with other Stakeholders and partner to drive issues to resolution.
- Collaborate with brooder US Knowledge Experts Team and HR Ops, and other functions as needed.
- Providing support to HR projects and initiatives.
- Participating in the analysis and re-design of HR processes. May document outcomes and maintain HR process and "how-to" information.
- Performing other duties as required or requested.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- High school diploma is required. A college degree with a focus on HR or HRIS systems is preferred.
- Prefer at least 1-3 years of experience. Must have HRIS experience. Prefer Workday experience and some general HR experience.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with, Workday is strongly preferred, or another HRIS system is required. The ability to query data and generate basic reports, or learn quickly, is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Strong technical skills, including the ability to manipulate complex data in Excel is essential. The ability to create and edit presentation information in PowerPoint is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Prior HR or customer service experience a plus.
- An awareness of basic project management techniques and some relevant experience are required.
- Sound problem solving ability
- Able to prioritize competing priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently, and has sound judgement.
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and quickly and efficiently respond to support inquires
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top