HR Manager, North Asia
This purpose of this role is to provide first line HR consultation and advice to managers on people-related matters impacting their business. This role is expected to provide strong in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise on all aspects of HR from organisational design to talent management.
- Understand the drivers to company performance, the industry, the company value proposition and how the business retains competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Works closely with managers to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention to maximize organisational effectiveness
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning
- Facilitates the resolution of employee relations issues and conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations in partnership with management
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Provides HR consultancy and advice to line managers in the delivery of people-related activities i.e. organisational effectiveness programs, talent management, succession planning, performance management etc
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including induction and on-boarding) to managers
- Works with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues
- Manages and/or participates in HR related projects
- Drives personal development to maintain and improve knowledge and skills needed to perform at a high level
- Regularly attends external events to promote Thomson Reuters HR and stays current on latest trends and external context (both commercial and HR specific) that would be prevalent to Thomson Reuters People Strategy and in the Region.
- Develops professional network both internally and externally and develops own profile to help identify best practices for the function (both commercially and for HR)
- Well rounded experience across a range of HR disciplines (recruitment, talent, employee relations, training, compensation, organisation development, etc) is essential
- Ability to understand and work effectively in complex multinational business environments
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of employment law across the North Asia region and the impact on daily HR activities
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills with the ability to adapt communication style to be effective at all levels
- Commercial acumen with excellent problem solving and numerical ability
- Previous experience in handling sensitive employee relations and dismissal situations
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and be flexible and resilient in a changing environment
- Well organised and disciplined with regards to the application of HR policy, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of HR databases, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel essential
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Back to top