HR Manager, ANZ (12 month contract)
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. Thomson Reuters combines industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, media, tax, accounting and science markets. Thomson Reuters is powered by one of the world's largest news organizations. Thomson Reuters is listed on the NYSE.
We are seeking an experienced HR Business Partner to join our ANZ HR team. This is a 12 month cover and reports directly to the Head of HR. In this role you will be responsible for partnering closely with designated business units providing first class HR generalist support including coaching and guidance on company policies and procedures and advice on people-related activities i.e. organisational effectiveness programs, change management, disciplinary action, talent management, etc.
- Partner with senior managers to drive efficiency and employee engagement, increase productivity and retention to maximize organisational effectiveness
- Provide operational and strategic support throughout the business
- Organisational development and drive culture change
- Coach managers through change management, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition and Talent Development Team
- Facilitate the resolution of employee relations issues Provide day to day performance management guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Assist the wider HR team with implementation of employee initiatives, manage and/or participate in HR related projects
- Facilitate and/or provides training to employees and managers
- Drive personal development to maintain and improve knowledge and skills needed to perform at a high level
- Develop professional network both internally and externally and develops own profile to help identify best practices for the function (both commercially and for HR)
- Understand the drivers to company performance, the industry, the company value proposition and how the business retains competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Bachelor degree in HR or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a HR generalist capacity
- Strong knowledge of Australian employment relations framework and legislation and experience in practical application.
- Prior experience in an HRBP role as a well-rounded generalist who has had exposure across the entire HR remit
- Hands-on, pragmatic, resilient and flexible with experience and knowledge navigating in a global business and operating under a matrix structure.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills with the ability to adapt communication style to be effective at all levels
- Commercial acumen with excellent problem solving
- Previous experience in handling sensitive employee relations and dismissal situations
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and be flexible and resilient in a changing environment
- Well organised and disciplined with regards to the application of HR policy, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of HR databases, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel essential
We aim to provide every one of our employees with a positive working environment, continued professional development and a commitment to work-life balance and equal opportunities. We are also part of a vast network of global career opportunities and actively encourage development of staff in the business with numerous internal promotions and segment opportunities.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top