Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The HR Business Partnerwill be the first point of contact for all HR matters and work with the Businessleaders for the assigned Content groups in Bangalore. The primary purpose ofthis role is to provide complex operational advisory/consultancy to employees,first line and senior managers with limited direction and engage with leadersto support the people agenda aligned with business growth objectives.
- To demonstrate experience and competence working in a partnership capacity with business stakeholders and other functional HR leads and teams to influence and achieve business priorities.
- To proactively provide guidance & support on all aspects of people management to maximise individual performance.
- To act as a trusted advisor, coach and consultant for senior managers to improve team effectiveness and performance.
- Provides support and direction on key functional areas including Workforce Planning, Talent, Organization Design and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Partners with specialist groups (e.g. Recruitment, Talent, Reward, HR operations, Employee Relations) to develop, deliver and promote initiatives that match business needs.
- To support the successful delivery of the HR Cycle and Business as Usual activity such as Performance Management, Compensation Management
- Be an advocate for the talent agenda with management, building knowledge and networks of talent, integrating talent with other HR processes (such as resourcing, succession planning, leadership development and learning) and promoting the flow of talent across other business units within Markets and TR.
- To actively contribute and work with the HR team to identify improvements in working and implement changes to create smoother functioning processes and a high performing HR team.
- Partner with managers in driving organizational effectiveness and change management initiatives; driving employee engagement; and supporting the managers in nurturing a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Use metrics and analytics to help inform management decisions, understanding talent alignment and resource allocation, driving strategic workforce planning using predictive analytics and scenario modeling.
- Quickly understand the HR system – Workday and help the business in terms of any activities related to Workday (in terms of raising requisition , compensation approvals , promotion process , probation confirmation process etc)
- Effective Employee Relations management to resolve issues proactively. Handle Grievances of employees as needed by counselling and building measures to proactively eliminate these issues.
- Post Graduate in Human Resources preferable however not mandatory
- 8-10 years of HR experience, with at least 4-5 years in a client facing HR Business Partnering role
- Exposure to and experience of global and complex matrix organizations
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to influence others and manage conflict.
- Effective communication and problem solving skills with customer service mindset
- Possess interviewing skills and is sufficiently analytical in order to carry out various HR initiatives (e.g. exit interviews and analyze the outputs )
- Proven experience and exposure in handling sensitive employee relations and dismissal situations.
- Ability to work on own initiative, is a good team player - does not work in isolation from colleagues and uses best practice from elsewhere.
- Well organized and disciplined with regard to the application of HR policy, procedures and standards.
- Has an eye for detail and follows the rules, but uses judgment andchecks when exceptions can and need to be made.
- The ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment, hands on individual and who could deal with ambiguity.
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Word, Excel (Business Objects and Visio preferred/ not mandatory)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top