HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a highly matrixed and collaborative role. Thomson Reuters is an enterprise business, requiring HR Business Partners to work together in a cohesive and collaborative manner with their business leadership team as well as the regional HR teams and Centers of Excellence to drive the strategic people agenda. The HRBP will be an integral member of a global leadership team driving a truly interconnected people agenda that contributes to the operational and financial performance of the business. In this role, the HRBP will be responsible for leading the execution of the people strategy to deliver business results, as well as creating tailored solutions to meet the needs for the business they support. The HRBP will provide functional leadership and will also be responsible for leading large scale change. The HRBP serves as a thought leader to the business leader(s) as well as to the broader HR organisation.
Major areas of accountability
Partnering and innovating across the enterprise
- Determines the implications of changes in the external and internal business environment and contributes to the appropriate HR response
- Provides consulting advice, coaches and influences senior leaders on people plan and people leadership
- Partners effectively with the Regional HR teams, the Centres of Excellence (CoEs) (for example Talent, Reward, Talent Acquisition, Service Delivery) to develop, deliver and promote central initiatives that drive the business strategy
- Acts as a change agent within their organisation and across HR, in particular influencing their leadership team to reflect, evolve, transform and innovate
- Works with other HRBPs and COEs to ensure the execution of their people plan is in line with others and is non-duplicative
Strategic workforce planning
- Interprets the business strategy to deliver the strategic workforce plan in collaboration with key stakeholders that is fit for purpose for both the short- and long-term
- Uses predicative analytics and scenario modelling to inform strategic workforce planning
- Uses knowledge of the external market to identify future capabilities against industry trends in order to design and execute the workforce plan
- Alignment of people costs spend with strategic workforce plans
Organisational design and talent management
- Designs the right operating model and talent management activities for their organisation to support delivering the business strategy
- Strengthens and builds the talent pool through comprehensive talent management including succession planning, talent flow and career management
- Coaches leaders on effective management of their talent including career and development planning
- Executes the talent acquisition strategy to attract and on-board required future capabilities including ensuring they themselves are deeply connected to the external markets from which talent will be sourced
Organizational health and effectiveness
- Consults and identifies ways to improve business effectiveness and operational improvements in alignment with the business model
- Creates actionable insight between organizational health and business performance; designing and executing action plans that contain appropriate levers (leadership, management practices, rewards, structure, organizational climate, etc.).
- Actively manages the employee lifecycle to ensure a positive employee experience
- Leads efforts to build a diverse and inclusive environment where D&I is a driver of strategy rather than compliance
- Interprets and promotes the Corporate Responsibility and Inclusion (CR&I) agenda for the organization.
- Partners with stakeholders to reinforce and embed the desired values and culture of the organization
- Uses Rewards as an appropriate driver of organizational performance, works closely with the Reward CoE to ensure appropriate uses of various reward types. Proactively monitors the use of rewards within the business they support.
Understanding our customers, our industry and Thomson Reuters
- Understands the enterprise strategy and on-going transformation of our business through staying current on latest trends both internally and externally that are relevant to our industry and our profession, brings back best practice to implement
- Actively seeks out external research and insight on innovation that can help educate employees and leaders to inspire and spark creativity
- Develops professional network both internally and externally, including regularly attends external events to promote Thomson Reuters HR
Understanding data and creating insight
- Interprets and provides metrics and analytics to guide management decisions that drive the people strategy
- Creates actionable insight from data to positively impact organisation performance
- Leverages predictive analytics to forecast future organisation impact
- Knows how to and promotes the use of Workday as the main platform for creating organisational insight and operational efficiency
Linking financial performance to people planning
- Actively monitors Thomson Reuters financial performance and their organisation's balance sheet to understand the people implications of current business performance
- Proactively designs and delivers the HR response to financial performance and targets of the business
- Ensure the return on investment of people activities are measured to ensure positive impact on operational/ financial results
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Education and capability requirements
- Business, HR, or relevant Master's University degree is a plus
- Track record of designing and being accountable for the delivery of for a global people strategy
- Track record of leading the HR response to changing industry / business environments
- Experience partnering with senior business leaders
- Experience working in global, complex, matrix environments
- Experience actively managing health of an organisation (engagement, culture, D&I etc.)
- Values and behaviors – demonstrates positive values , role modeling the Company behaviors (trust, partnership, innovation and performance)
- Thomson Reuters management behaviors – role models Thomson Reuters management behaviors whether in a individual contributor or management role themselves
- Problem solving and consulting – ability to diagnose, design, implement and embed robust people solutions which deliver on the Enterprise / BU strategies
- Leading through ambiguity - ability to deal with ambiguous/fluid situations whilst thriving in challenging, global and fast-paced business environments
- Change agent – ability to spot internal and external trends and lead the organization through change
- Resilient – able to support leaders and the organization through challenging situations whilst ensuring excellent execution
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top