HR Advisor, F&R (ANZ)
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. Thomson Reuters combines industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, media, tax, accounting and science markets. Thomson Reuters is powered by one of the world's largest news organizations. Thomson Reuters is listed on the NYSE.
An exciting 12 month fixed term opportunity has become available for a highly motivated and enthusiastic HR professional with relevant HR experience to provide dedicated support to a specific Business Unit.
As HR Advisor, you will work closely with the HR Director and HR Managers, supporting business processes and providing HR generalist administrative/operational support. In addition, you will be the first point of contact for day to day queries on HR policies and processes to both employees and managers across the ANZ region.
Knowledge across all core HR related activities impacting the employee lifecycle will be key to delivering an efficient and accurate level of service.
- General HR administration for all new hires, staff movements, terminations etc
- First point of contact for policy, process and application in all HR disciplines, working closely with the broader HR team to resolve queries
- Updating HR policies & procedures
- Work with the broader HR team to design and deliver training on HR policies and/or procedures for Workday to improve capability
- Preparation of materials for new employee on-boarding
- Generating reports & providing analysis on employee statistics
- Conducts data gathering exercises for projects
- Responds to queries on the Workday system in particular system navigation
- Liaise with the payroll team to ensure changes are effected in line with payroll deadlines
- Responsible for establishing and filing documents into employee personnel files
- Ensures HR systems data is accurate and updated in a timely manner
- Maintenance and administration of Empower (leave management system)
- Ad hoc project work as required
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Degree in HR, Business, Behavioural Sciences or a related discipline
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Generalist HR role or HR Shared Service environment
- Sound understanding of the Australian Employment framework
- Advanced level administration skills and intermediate/advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills
- Adaptable, agile and comfortable with change
- Practical experience with Workday or a related HRIS system is highly desirable
- Willingness to work flexibly and collaboratively across multi-cultural environments
- Demonstrates diplomacy, discretion and understands confidentiality requirements
- Has an eye for detail, ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise workload
- Comfortable working autonomously and taking initiative to deliver results
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Sydney-New South Wales-Australia;Pyrmont-New South Wales-Australia
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top