Headline News Researcher
Headline News Researcher, fluent in Japanese
Job Description Summary
TEAM OVERVIEW: Join the Reuters real-time news operation producing headlines and news summaries based on companies from around the world
- Write headlines and news summaries accurately, quickly and with high standards of credibility, in accordance with Reuters principles and operating standards.
- Search through approved sources to grasp and translate news from local language into English
- Search through updated stories and translated the same from English into Japanese
- Identify market-moving figures and comments to filter out news stories from sources including stock exchange and third party agency
- Build and maintain contacts and sources to develop deep subject expertise. Work closely with Specialists to ensure data enhancement requirements are raised, prioritized, sized and progressed
- Use appropriate language skills to understand and source financial information. Build up knowledge of financial regulations and market practices in relevant markets
- Work with regional colleagues to identify gaps in data content and work within boundaries of formal content enhancement processes to meet client needs
- Assist in the preparation and engagement for the regional/market integration plan
- Promote continuous improvement through research and analysis of queries and data quality control
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES:
- Graduate or flexible student (journalism degree/overseas students with long time experience in Japan is preferable - or equivalent experience)
- Fluency in English and Japanese. Native speaker level on written Japanese is plus
- An ability to write clearly and quickly to meet Reuters reporting standards and principles with professional written Japanese
- A sound command of grammar, spelling, punctuation.
- Comfort with handling financial data and facts accurately and quickly for multiple markets
- Knowledge of corporate activity, stock markets and financial vocabulary will be a plus, or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly.
- An ability to work under time pressure and undertake shift work
- An ability to work independently as well as a team member
o Job in an international, dynamic environment where you contribute to building innovative solutions for business professionals
o Intensive training package
o Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare
o Company social incentives
o High standards of ethics in the workplace
o Networking opportunities
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top