Headline News Reporter - Turkey
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are looking for a new colleague
Headline News Reporter Fluent in Turkish
You and your team:
Reuters is seeking a Turkish speaking reporter to join its real-time news operation in Gdynia, which produces headlines, news summaries and packaged news content. The reporters will have a strong focus on Turkish markets. You will join the team of 40 colleagues based in Gdynia and cooperate with equity reporters across Europe.
Why is this job important?
Our team sends news alerts on listed companies across Europe in near real-time to our flagship product Eikon. We write short market moving stories. Our key clients are mostly international banks' trading desks, hedge funds and asset managers. They use these alerts to make day-to-day trading decisions.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- Write headlines and news summaries accurately, quickly and with high standards of credibility, in accordance with Reuters principles and operating standards
- Search through approved sources to grasp and translate news from Turkish into English
- Identify market-moving figures and comments to filter out news stories from sources including electronic news releases, conferences calls, Webcasts
- Coordinate with company news reporters across Europe to write clear, concise and short market moving stories
What do you need to bring?
- Fluency in English and in Turkish
- Strong translation skills
- Strong news judgment
- Ability to write with speed, clarity, accuracy and freedom from bias
- A sound command of grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Comfort with handling financial data and facts accurately and quickly
- Knowledge of corporate activity, stock markets and financial vocabulary, or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly
- An ability to work under time pressure and undertake shift work
- An ability to work independently as well as a team member
- Job in an international, dynamic environment where you contribute to building innovative solutions for business professionals
- Intensive training package
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Company social incentives
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- Networking opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary activities
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top