Headline News Reporter - Nordics
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization
We are looking for a new colleague
News Analyst - Nordics
You and your team:
Reuters is seeking a reporter, speaking one of the Nordic languages (Danish, Finish, Swedish, Norwegian), to join its real-time news operation in Gdynia, which produces headlines, stories and news summaries on listed companies across the Nordic region. The combined $1.5 trillion worth financial market is center to some of the most innovative technology companies in the world.
Why is this job important?
Our team sends news alerts on listed companies across Europe in near real-time to our flagship product Eikon. We write short market moving stories. Our key clients are mostly international banks' trading desks, hedge funds and asset managers. They use these alerts to make day-to-day trading decisions.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- Write headlines and news summaries accurately, quickly and with high standards of credibility, in accordance with Reuters principles and operating standards
- Search through approved sources to grasp and translate news from local language into English
- Identify market-moving figures and comments to filter out news stories from sources including electronic news releases, conferences calls, Webcast
What do you need to bring?
- Fluency in English and in one of the Nordic languages (Danish, Finish, Swedish, Norwegian)
- Strong translation skills
- Ability to write with speed, clarity, accuracy and freedom from bias
- A sound command of grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Basic knowledge of multimedia journalism
- Knowledge of corporate activity, stock markets and financial vocabulary, or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly
- An ability to work under time pressure
- Willingness to undertake shifts, work on weekends
- Job in an international, dynamic environment where you contribute to building innovative solutions for business professionals.
- Intensive training package.
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card.
- Company social incentives.
- High standards of ethics in the workplace.
- Networking opportunities.
- 2 additional days off for voluntary activities.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top