Headline News Reporter fluent in Dutch
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are looking for a new colleague
Headline News Reporter, Dutch & French
You and your team:
Reuters is seeking Dutch and French speaking candidates to join its real-time news operation in Gdynia, which produces headlines, writes short stories and packages multimedia news content. The reporters will work in a fast-paced, international environment and get to write stories in English for the world's top news agency about the most exciting companies in the $3 trillion French and Benelux stock markets.
Why is this job important?
Trading desks, hedge funds and asset managers at major multinational banks use subscription-based Reuters Eikon terminal to get fast & accurate information to base their investment decision. Your stories for Reuters will also be seen on Reuters.com and other extensions available to read for everyone. Reuters news and information reaches one billion people every day.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- Write headlines and news summaries accurately, quickly and with high standards of credibility, in accordance with Reuters principles and operating standards
- Translate from Dutch to English and French to English
- Search through approved sources to grasp and translate news from local language into English
- Identify market-moving figures and comments to filter out news stories from sources including electronic news releases, conferences calls, Webcasts
- Apply news judgment and pick relevant news for French audience and package it for Reuters News online clients
- Create French multimedia packages with text, pictures, graphics and videos
- Coordinate with company news reporters across Europe to write clear, concise and short market moving stories
What do you need to bring?
- Fluency in English and Dutch with intermediate French
- Strong translation skills: Dutch-English and French-English
- Strong news judgment
- Ability to write with speed, clarity, accuracy and freedom from bias
- Solid knowledge and interest in French and international affairs
- A sound command of grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Comfort with handling financial data and facts accurately and quickly
- Basic knowledge of multimedia journalism
- Knowledge of corporate activity, stock markets and financial vocabulary, or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly
- An ability to work under time pressure
- Willingness to undertake shifts, work on weekends
- Job in an international, dynamic environment where you contribute to building innovative solutions for business professionals
- Intensive training package
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Company social incentives
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- Networking opportunities
- 2 additional days off for voluntary activities
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top