Head of Top News, Asia
Reuters is seeking an editor with proven leadership ability, excellent news judgment and great editing skills. The Head of Top News for Asia will be responsible for running a team of editors who are driving ambitious coverage of major stories, in particular exclusives and deeply reported insights that will set the news agenda.
The successful candidate will be expected to identify critical themes/areas and develop coverage around them so that we produce compelling bodies of work. This Singapore-based job is for a journalist who can inspire both editors and reporters to do their best work. The ability to bullet proof stories so that they are fair and balanced is essential. You will also be closely involved in our daily effort to tell stories in a way that integrates text with video, pictures and graphics and other media.
Working with the Managing Editor for News in Asia, you will help set our news priorities and be closely involved with individual stories, working with teams of journalists to take early-stage ideas and develop them into successful reporting projects.
- A strong track record in newsroom leadership
- Proven skill at editing distinct, ambitious, agenda-setting companies stories
- Ability to effectively bullet-proof copy, spot gaps in stories and ask the right questions to elevate each story
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with others to create a pipeline of front-page worthy stories, drive a seamless editing process, and ensure that reporters get the feedback they need to deliver
- Ability to coordinate appropriate multi-media elements to enhance stories, from graphics to pictures and video
- Previously held at least one major newsroom leadership position at a major news organization
- A track record of editing sophisticated business journalism
- Ability to collaborate with others to create a smooth editing process for all
- At least 8 years' experience reporting or editing at a major news organization
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top