Head of Strategic Partnerships
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Head of Strategic Partnerships
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Reuters Consumer is an agile digital publishing business in the heart of the world's largest news organization. Our mission is to be the premier source of news for global professionals. We combine technology and editorial innovation across Reuters.com and Reuters TV to deliver a powerful experience to over 50 million monthly users on the web, mobile and set-top-boxes.
The Head of Revenue Partnerships is a full-time position based in London. You will be responsible for uncovering new business opportunities across all of Reuters Consumer. You must be a strategic thinker, comfortable managing relationships with external partners, advanced analytical skills with a passion for the media industry. You must have an entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to drive short and long term revenue opportunities. You need to identify and develop partnerships to ensure financial growth and profitability within our organization
- Manage a small team to deliver on revenue targets.
- Research, Model, Evaluate and plan for new growth opportunities.
- Negotiate and bring deals to completion with key stakeholders.
- Develop formalized business plans including commercial terms, go to market strategy and an execution plan.
- Work closely across multiple functional areas (design, development & Ad Operations) in order to execute your deals.
- Stay abreast of key industry trends to make recommendations on new revenue opportunities.
- Articulate the strategic direction internally and externally.
- Develop relationships across the larger Thomson Reuters organization to further Reuters business goals.
- Build strong revenue partnerships that support our commercial strategy.
- Create interesting partnerships that work well with the Reuters brand.
- Achieve or exceed the Head of Revenue Partnerships revenue target each calendar year.
- Find new ways to grow our business year over year.
Essential Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual with solid experience building revenue partnerships (preferably from an Online Publisher) who is looking to gain and develop commercial experience at one of the world's premium news publishers.
- Extensive experience working in digital media in revenue partnerships, business development, strategy or related capacity
- Strong people management skills required
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills
- Strong commercial acumen and business judgment
- Superb communication, both oral and written
- Ability to manage concurrent and time sensitive projects
- Ability to listen well, contribute to creative business discussions, influence the thinking of or gain acceptance from senior executive
- Global curiosity and international experience
- Background in contract negotiation
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management and the ability to multitask
- Team player
- Delivers through to execution
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Interested in the future of news
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A sense of humor always helps
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top