Head of Solution Sales, South Asia - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, the role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
Job Title: Head of Solution Sales.
Business: F&R - South Asia
The Head of Solution Sales, F&R South Asia will provide operational leadership to a geographic sales team to deliver sales revenue growth and organizational objectives.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Responsible for leading the creation and execution of a sales strategy in partnership with the Customer Segment Sales Heads and other GTM teams in the sub region to position the sales organization to meet or exceed financial, resource utilization, and training and development goals.
• Leads, manages and coaches teams of sales specialists and managers to achieve sales and revenue results by actively communicating and driving/motivating teams to action.
• Develops sales objectives / targets to ensure consistent and accurate sales forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis. Drives SS productivity.
• Leads the sales organization in developing robust processes to forecast and monitor all necessary sales-related financial information.
• Assist in key negotiation of major deals with customers and resellers to drive sales growth within the region
• Partners with the other GTM functions to exceed customer expectations and provide the best solution to meet their needs.
• Partners with Market Development and other GTM functions to leverage market knowledge and customer feedback to enhance product and commercial strategy, solutions and marketing efforts.
- Provides leadership and guidance to sales managers on effective performance management, employee development and resolution of employee relations issues.
Required Skills and Experiences:
• 10+ years relevant sales track record in owning a regional sales target across multiple asset classes.
• Proven ability to deliver results through execution of key sales metrics.
• Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments/organizations and influence at all levels.
• Ability to build relationships, influence and gain resource from across the organization.
• Ability to motivate, coach and mentor and drive high levels of performance in a sales environment
• Charismatic leader with strong presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills and capability to apply these skills to all audiences.
• Outstanding executive level leadership ability demonstrated by directing high performing teams to exceed their goals in complex selling environments.
• Proactive and extremely execution focused.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the above attributes, with a key requirement being experience in the financial services / market data industry.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top