Head of Sales Specialists, Legal & T&A
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Lead, manage, coach and motivate sales specialists and pre-sales consultants to achieve the company's objectives in growing the business, market share and customer satisfaction in Legal and Tax and Accounting segments.
Generating gross sales and new revenue within existing and new clients, by leveraging Thomson Reuters' broad suite of products and services, bringing "the value of the whole firm" to our customers in all segments.
- Responsible for overall revenue generation for Legal and T&A.
- Provides operational leadership to a regional sales team to deliver sales growth for Legal and T&A customer segments.
- Leads and supports a highly customer focused, business workflow specialized team of sales specialists.
- Develops and executes key strategies including regional strategies, new market entries, platform strategies and sales campaigns across multiple sectors to achieve sales targets.
- Provides hands-on coaching and mentoring of staff, in the field, by assisting staff in business development, articulating value proposition and helping with negotiation of deals to drive sales growth.
- Develops sales objectives / targets to ensure consistent and accurate sales forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis. Drives Sales Specialists productivity.
- Provides direct leadership and guidance to sales specialists to ensure effective performance management.
- Partners with all GTM customer segment teams to exceed customer expectations and provide the best solution to meet their needs.
- Partners with Market Development and other GTM functions to leverage market knowledge and customer feedback to enhance product and commercial strategy, solutions and marketing efforts.
- Enables Innovation among the team members, and promotes thinking "outside the box" to come up with creative solutions for customers and potential markets.
- Sales effectiveness - Ensures that all members of the sales team work efficiently to achieve high levels of sales growth.
- Ensure profitable growth across all customer solutions.
- People Management – coaching and developing a team of specialists across multiple locations.
- Achieve annual and quarterly sales targets and campaign objectives.
- Cultivate and maintain high level relationships within client organizations in coordination with the account management team.
- Ensure accurate sales forecasts and report to senior business and finance management.
- Support recruitment and training of sales staff to achieve sales business objectives.
- Coaches and mentors team members to drive improvements in skills, sales approach and performance.
- Proven Experience in Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting and/or Legal offerings
- Strong leadership skills developed in a service led organisation preferably in the Legal or Tax / Accounting firms.
- Strong and proven sales experience
- Proven experience in structuring and negotiating complex short and long term deals
- The ability to influence outcomes without having direct control
- Strategic thinker able to demonstrate the ability to bring a new proposition to market
- Leader that empowers their team through trust, inspiration and a clear sense of purpose
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Superior client engagement skills, including proven ability to build and manage senior client relationships
- A market driven focus along with a high level of commerciality
- Demonstrable track record of growing businesses and building customer loyalty
- Experience in leading an outsourcing operation preferable but not essential
- Has good understanding of industry issues and business trends.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top