Head of Sales Enablement
The Head of Sales Enablement will build and own our enterprise-wide global sales training and development function, which identifies our salespeople's greatest training and development needs and delivers high-quality content to them in a variety of mediums to enhance salesforce effectiveness and provide a structured developmental path for our sales teams. This role will consult with sales and business leaders to align sales training initiatives with our strategy, business requirements and OKRs.
This role is also responsible for tracking the progress of our salespeople against targeted sales learning journeys and measuring ROI and impact of training efforts on the effectiveness of the Sales organization. This role will oversee a team of sales trainers, curriculum designers, and learning business partners. In addition, this person will also establish relationships with external organizations who have the expertise to support our program needs on a flexible basis.
This position will be located in our Minneapolis, Minnesota office.
This role will focus on the following areas:
- Onboarding: Re-imagine our sales onboarding program to enable our new sales hires to quickly get up to speed and be successful their new roles.
- Sales Rep Foundational Skills: Build certification programs specific to the nuances of the different sales role levels (rep, manager, director) and sales role types (new sales, client management, small account sales, etc.). Programs will encompass skills to support the entire salesperson life-cycle: sales tools & process training, key sales skills and capabilities (value-selling, negotiating & closing skills, cross-selling), product training and continuing sales rep skills development as needed.
- Selling to Targeted Customer Personas: Develop programs that provide the salesforce with the expertise needed to effectively sell to specific customer personas.
- New product launches: Partner with our product teams to build new content aligned to product releases and enhancements.
- Manager Development: Build a leadership development program specific to sales leaders, and plan and execute an annual sales leadership development meeting.
- Collaborate with sales leadership team, to formulate the overall strategy of Sales Academy and establish a strategic vision to building high impact sales training and development programs.
- Oversee identification of training requirements aligned with org. strategic requirements, functional growth objectives/OKRs and employee capability gaps, through need analyses and in collaboration with business and sales stakeholders.
- Guide the team in overall design, development and delivery of sales training and development initiatives, to enhance field sales skills & capabilities and increase sales productivity; including solutions-selling, soft-skills, technical, leadership, and people management.
- Ensure the sales employees receive consistent, ongoing training through a blended learning approach (live training, e-learning, and self-guided learning) using appropriate instructional design methods, adult-learning theory and applications.
- Provide inputs and recommendations to centers of excellence and HR Business Partners, in identifying talent to value roles & key talent pool and support the growth of future sales management bench strength and leadership pipeline.
- Oversee operational tasks, guide development of project plans and work with relevant stakeholders in approval of project plans.
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of training programs and tools by measuring the success of initiatives and return on investment, to understand bottom-line impact of sales training on the organization.
- Utilize participant data and productivity/quality performance data to link training with business impact.
- Provide direction and development to team members through coaching, performance enablement, and development planning.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prior experience leading a sales learning and development team is required.
- 8+ years hands-on experience in designing and implementing sales training and development initiatives.
- 8+ years experience managing and leading a team
- Proven track record & expertise in building best-in-class sales academy programs or role-based training and development in similar sized organizations.
- Demonstrated expertise developing role-based training and development curriculum and programs.
- Demonstrated expertise developing management and key talent pool leadership training and development curriculum and programs preferred.
- Previous experience with a global technology/services/consulting company preferred.
- Previous sales and sales management experience in a B2B technology organization preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top