Head of Power Modeling
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Head of Power Modeling
We are looking for a candidate to join our power analysis department in Oslo. The department delivers market data, fundamental supply, demand and price forecasts and in-depth market analysis reports. Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage.
The key task for the head of power modeling will be to maintain and improve existing model framework, in addition to develop new, and ensure best model practices across the power teams. The candidate has strong analytical and quantitative skills, in addition to deep knowledge and understanding of fundamental modeling and methodologies in relation to power and commodities markets.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Quantitative modeling: Develop quantitative supply, demand and price models for power markets globally.
- Ensuring and implement best modeling practices within the power teams.
- Lead the Power model Group, our quantitative modeling resource group
- Resource person for understanding the price formation in various power markets
- Customer contact and presenting at internal and external events
- Higher education in economics, statistics, mathematics, physics or engineering
- Outstanding mathematical modeling skills and high general IT user skills
- Expert MatLab user. Knowledge of other programming languages like C and Python is an advantage
- 5 years of experience, including relevant market analysis
- A commercial, service-minded attitude
- Good command of English (good command of other languages in addition would be an advantage)
SKILLS AND PROFILE
- You are analytical and structured, yet creative and able to find solutions
- You take initiatives, are self-driven and at the same time collaborative
- You are reliable, efficient and a team player
- You can communicate, both internally and towards customers
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An inspiring working environment with highly skilled analysts in energy and environmental markets
- Access to a broad international network
Please apply by 31.07.2017
For questions regarding this position, you are welcome to contact Jørund Haartveit, [email protected] or phone ( 47) 92833755
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top