Head of Operations Site Reliability Engineering - APAC Region
Thomson Reuters (TR) is trusted for the decisions that matter most, empowering customers to act with confidence in a complex world.
Enterprise Technology & Operations (ET&O) @TR stores 60,000 Terabytes of data and handles 79 billion market messages per day; critical information which must always be available to our customers.
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) in ET&O are responsible for ensuring the global availability of our mission critical customer-facing products and services.
We are looking for a leader who can define and execute the strategic direction of our operations organization; a hands on Technical Director who can build diverse teams of SREs in the APAC region.
Will you join us?
The SRE Technical Director Role
- Has the right mix of knowledge and skills in software (i.e. programming, data structures and algorithms), systems (i.e. operating software on internal and external infrastructure at scale), strategic thinking and most importantly, people.
- Participates in major incident resolution; driving recovery and handling executive level communications.
- Ensures the Operations Site Reliability Organization dedicate at least 50% of their time to 'engineering for availability and efficiency'
- Drives the Operations Site Reliability Organization to apply software and system engineering principles to positively impact uptime and operational efficiency.
Our SRE Management Culture
- All Thomson Reuters employees are expected to live and breath our corporate values of Trust, Partnership, Innovation and Performance.
- To accomplish our mission in Operations Site Reliability Engineering, we are strong advocates of the DevOps CALMS framework.
- We create the right environment that enables every SRE Team to innovate independently and across the organization, to partner effectively with Development and Product Management with high degrees of trust, and ultimately to deliver outstanding performance as measured by uptime.
- We value understanding people, technical aptitude, innovative thinking and a great learning ability above proficiency with a specific technology.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
SRE Technical Director Core Skills:
- As a hands on SRE Technical Director, you are expected to have some level of proficiency in the following:
- Relevant Work Experience of 10-15 years.
- Working globally with executive stakeholders and customers.
- Setting and Executing Strategic direction to transform our operation organization in APAC, ensuring alignment with our global strategy.
- Building strong teams through hiring, coaching, encouraging diversity, empowering and motivating others.
- Leading by example in technical areas, supporting your organization's career development, giving feedback and coaching.
Required Technical Skills:
- Extensive Programming experience in object oriented programming language such as Java,C#,C .
- Systems configuration and administration : Windows or Linux.
- Analyzing and discovering how all components of distributed system work together using a broad range of skills and tools.
- Applying an evidence based approach to solving systems problems under pressure and in real time to provide fastest path to service recovery.
Strongly Desired Skills:
- System and software configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS or Azure using API or configuration technologies.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top