Head of Media Sales, North Asia
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Head of Media Sales, China is a newly created role that requires a proactive commercial leader who has a deep understanding of the media business and has shown a clear record of consultative selling and increasing revenues from a variety of revenue sources. The position requires a "hands-on" approach that promotes our value proposition though exceptional client, partner and agency relationships.
- Driving revenues across three different media business units – increasing our core news agency revenues, working proactively with clients to drive broadcast solutions revenues and through a deep understanding of our core assets forming strategic partnerships that will drive our business development objectives in China
- Maintain existing client relationships and revenues
- Work with the editorial and product teams for all three media business units to ensure that all sells are delivered to a "high standard"
- Form relationships with our key agency clients and partners to ascertain how media is transforming in China so as to inform the editorial and product teams on the market and regulatory conditions
- Provide weekly senior management with updates on industry landscape and analysis of our competitors offerings
- Represent Reuters at key industry events and conferences
- Proven ability to direct within a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments/organizations and influence at all levels
- Interaction with clients, partners, direct reports, editorial and relevant departments to aide direct reports in new sales and retention efforts
- Responsible for cross collaboration across Thomson Reuters business units in support of revenue retention and generation initiatives
Essential Skills Required
- Exceptional sales talent that can cultivate long-term relationships as well as scope and develop new business in a fast-paced changing environment
- Outstanding inter-personal, communication leadership and presentation skills with ability to gain credibility, collaborate, influence and work cross-functionally at all levels
- Proactive, accessible self-starter who acts as the primary point of contact for the assigned region
- Excellent account management, time management, negotiation, strategic and tactical planning and consultative selling skills
- Creative solution orientated problem solver, with strong analytical thinking
- Process driven with a demonstrable knowledge of applying established sales methodologies
- Keen understanding of production and news organizations
- Recognizes the benefits of business administration and working with CRM (customer relationship management tools)
- Ability to lead through change- possesses to direct client's opportunities and internal teams through the challenges of mergers/ acquisitions, market structure etc
- Proven track record with 8 - 10 years in media or related industry experience in a commercial, or sales management capacity
- Fluency in English and Mandarin essential; with the ability to speak Cantonese or another language at a high level is desirable
- University/college degree required or equivalent experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top