Head of Media Sales, ASEAN & Pacific
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers at Reuters.com and via Reuters TV.
The Head of Media Sales, ASEAN & Pacific is a role that requires a proactive commercial leader who has a deep understanding of the media business and has shown a clear record of consultative selling and increasing revenues from a variety of revenue sources. The position requires a "hands-on coaching" approach that promotes Reuters value proposition though exceptional client, channel partner and agency relationships.
- Working with two direct reports the role develops and executes strategies, including sales campaigns, budget responsibilities, staffing, forecasting and coaching to achieve sales revenue targets for the region (ASEAN, Pacific and South Asia)
- As a sales leader, work with local resources to drive revenues across the media business units - increasing our core news agency revenues, working proactively with clients to drive revenues and through a deep understanding of our core assets forming strategic partnerships that will drive our business development objectives
- Sole contributor responsibilities for key accounts in Singapore and ANZ- maintaining and growing existing client relationships and new agency revenues
- Leads strategic planning for the ASEAN and Pacific territory and provides guidance to sales leadership/staff on account strategies and tactics
- Prepares and presents executive presentations internally and externally
- Work with the editorial, product and sales excellence teams to ensure that all sales are delivered to a "high standard"
- Form relationships with our key agency clients and partners to ascertain how media is transforming the ASEAN and Pacific region to inform editorial, product and sales excellence teams on the market and regulatory conditions
- Provide weekly senior management with updates on industry landscape and analysis of our competitors offerings
- Represent Reuters at key industry events and conferences
- Proven ability to direct within a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments/organizations and influence at all levels
- Interaction with clients, channel partners, direct reports, editorial and relevant departments to aide direct reports in new sales and retention efforts
- Responsible for cross collaboration across Thomson Reuters business units in support of revenue retention and generation initiatives
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of 10-15 years in media or related industry experience in a Sales Leadership capacity
- Exceptional sales talent that can cultivate long-term relationships as well as scope and develop new business in a fast-paced changing environment
- Outstanding inter-personal, communication leadership and presentation skills with ability to gain credibility, collaborate, influence and work cross-functionally at all levels
- Proactive, accessible self-starter who acts as the primary point of contact for the assigned region
- Excellent account management, time management, negotiation, strategic and tactical planning and consultative selling skills
- Creative solution orientated problem solver, with strong analytical thinking
- Process driven with a demonstrable knowledge of applying established sales methodologies
- Keen understanding of production and news organizations
- Recognizes the benefits of business administration and working with CRM (customer relationship management tools)
- Ability to lead through change- possesses to direct client's opportunities and internal teams through the challenges of mergers/ acquisitions, market structure etc
- Strong sales operations skill set, including sales training, administration and sales support.
- Fluent English language skills, the ability to speak other local languages at a high level is desirable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top