Head of Media Sales, ASEAN
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Head of Media Sales, Asia is accountable for delivering on regional revenue targets by using solution-oriented KPIs and sales objectives with a diverse regional sales team. The ability to forecast sales performance that is aligned with best practices and client relationship management tools is paramount for success. This "hands-on" role is responsible for assigning regional accounts, motivating and coaching sales teams and collaborating closely with Inside Sales, Channel Management, Sales Operations and the Sales Leadership team.
- Develops and executes strategies, including sales campaigns, budget responsibilities, staffing, forecasting, to achieve sales revenue targets
- Leads strategic planning for territory and provides guidance to sales leadership/staff on account strategies and tactics
- Prepares and presents executive presentations
- Implements metrics to measure account performance
- Provides input in process of designing and evaluating compensation plans, territory alignment, incentive plans and programs to drive sales results
- Ensures teams are cultivating and maintaining high level relationships within client organizations
- Ensures accurate forecasts for the teams and reports these forecasts to senior sales/finance management
- Ensures recruitment and training of staff to achieve sales business objectives
- Ensures that all team members work efficiently to achieve the highest level of client satisfaction, including the management of the sales cycle by coordinating installations, client training and administration
- Provides guidance to leadership on performance management and employee development
- Coaches, mentors and develops sales leaders
- Provides feedback and market requirements to strategic business units to drive product innovation and improved market competitiveness
- Anticipates internal and external business developments and assesses requirements to ensure competitive positioning is maintained for assigned territory or region
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments/organizations and influence at all levels.
- Interaction with clients, partners, direct reports, editorial and relevant departments to aide direct reports in new sales and retention efforts
- Responsible for cross collaboration across business units in support of revenue retention and generation initiatives
- Demonstrated success in building diverse sales teams that achieve revenue targets
- Proven ability to deliver results through development of key sales and revenue metrics
- Ability to motivate, coach and mentor in a sales environment
- Expert in consultative selling
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments/organizations and influence at all levels
- Ability to build relationships, influence and gain resources from across the organization
- Ability to motivate, coach and mentor in a customer facing environment
- Proven presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills and capability to apply these skills to all audiences
- Excellent leadership skills with proven track record of attainment of company goals in a fast-paced changing environment
- Expert understanding and experience in sales management
- Fully competent in Customer Relationship Management systems
- Fully competent in financial acumen
- Ability to lead through change- possesses skills to direct client's opportunities and internal teams through the challenges of mergers/ acquisitions, market structure etc
- Advanced negotiation and deal structure skills
- Proven track record of 10-15 years in media or related industry experience in a Sales Leadership capacity
- Strong sales operations skill set, including sales training, administration and sales support.
- Fluent communication skills, the ability to speak other languages at a high level is desirable due to the regional coverage
- University/college degree may be required, equivalent experience may be considered depending on position/department.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top