Head of Marketing, South Asia - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018 , Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, the role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
This role is a key role in the South Asia team/business with the view to accelerating and delivering growth in the Finance and Risk Business unit. This role provides insight to the South Asia Leadership team using sophisticated quantitative and qualitative methodologies about the markets, products and services, and customers, and helps to develop both short and long-term strategies for competitive differentiation that contribute to solid business results.
The Head of Strategic Marketing is responsible for development of strategic marketing programs in South Asia. The role will manage and facilitate communication and collaboration between regional marketing, product and sales teams to drive market definition, segmentation, market creation and development for our offerings in the region.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Develops strategic marketing plans through in-depth market intelligence and customer insight, including segmentation, customer profile, and value proposition.
- Manage local market research programs; Evaluates customer and competitive research, product roadmap, market conditions and results and use results to define marketing strategy.
- Develop CXO level and broader customer engagement marketing strategies and planning, executing and reporting on marketing activities to support and develop existing customer base.
- Design and manage marketing metrics that measure marketing effectiveness and ROI. Manage and allocate marketing budget: Be able to effectively manage budget and prioritize investments within budget.
- Ensures Marketing Program deliverables demonstrate value and a return on investment, meet our customer's strategic requirements and Thomson Reuters quality standards, including brand guidelines.
- Develop marketing strategies to meet competitive threats and/or achieve competitive advantage.
- Monitors all aspects of key competitors, analyzing their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Manage managers or a team of individual contributors and has overall responsibility for building and maintaining a high performance culture through effective performance management, communication and coaching of staff.
Overall 15+ years of experience with the last few years being specialised in marketing , including B2B marketing, lead generation, C-suite engagement, thought leadership/content marketing, public relations, social media and events (online and offline.), market analysis, messaging development, as well as promoting and measuring effectiveness of marketing programs.
Experience in developing customer value proposition, competitive analysis, market segmentation, case study / research development, online and offline marketing, thought leadership/content marketing, social media and events etc.
Experience in B2B marketing with strong focus on customer value proposition, customer engagement in the Financial market
Experience working in a highly matrixed and multinational environment preferably in the financial industry.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top