Head of Institutional Partnerships
The Thomson Reuters Foundation (TRF) is the charitable arm of the world's leading provider of news and information, Thomson Reuters. We stand for free, independent journalism, human rights, women's empowerment, and the rule of law. We use the skills, values, and expertise of Thomson Reuters to run programmes that trigger real change and empower people around the world, including free legal assistance, journalism and media training, coverage of the world's under-reported stories, and the Trust Conference.
Thomson Reuters Foundation is seeking an experienced and energetic Head of Institutional Partnerships to join its new Fundraising team.
The post reports to the Global Director of Development.
- Responsible for the strategic development and management of the institutional fundraising activities
- Proactively seek and pursue significant funding opportunities to resource the Foundation's ambitious growth strategy
- Initiate, manage and be solely responsible for proposal development, proposal writing, and acquisition of funding from governments, trusts and foundations
- Deliver robust, reliable and diverse income streams from institutional donors
- Serve as the key contact for donors and partners, represent the Foundation in networks, forums, and project consortia as necessary
- Working closely with other fundraisers, Director of Media Development, Head of M&E and operational teams develop strong relationships with institutional donors
- Recruit and manage external consultants as appropriate
- Manage and motivate a team of fundraisers; manage the team's budget
- Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising progress to the senior leadership team and the Board of Trustee
Required experience and skills
- Excellent track record in raising institutional funding at scale with institutional donors for an international agency
- Experience in designing and implementing successful funding strategies
- Experience in proposal writing
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of project and programme design
- Ability to work effectively with others as a team. Ability to adapt and work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent knowledge of the UK government, the German Government, the EU, and other governments' funding schemes and a strong understanding of other institutional donors
- Significant experience of working with(in) networks, coalitions and alliances
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Team and line management skills
- Budget management skills: You need to be able to work effectively with limited resources
Desirable experience and skills
- Understanding of journalism and media capacity building
- Understanding of legal and justice frameworks and processes
- Strong international networks
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Full time, permanent position
- London, Canary Wharf
Please note, we are reviewing candidates on a rolling basis for this position. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top