Head of GGO, Japan
Business Unit: Tax&Accounting
Department: Global Growth Organization, ASEAN & North Asia
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Global Growth Organization (GGO) works with our business units to combine our global capabilities and to expand our local presence in countries where we believe the greatest growth opportunities exist. GGO is core to Thomson Reuters' overall strategy to accelerate in high growth market segments. The ASEAN & North Asia region is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets, and serves as a growth engine for Thomson Reuters in the Asia Pacific region and beyond.
About the Role and Responsibilities
Working as part of the Regional leadership team, reporting into the Regional Managing Director, you will provide strong leadership, vision and direction to effectively grow and manage GGO's business operations in Japan. You will be responsible for leading, motivating and coordinating the activities of the local teams while working with key stakeholders, including the regional Heads of Corporate and Professional sales and regional Head of Technology, to meet client and business needs.
The primary remit of the role will be to rapidly scale Thomson Reuters' enterprise solutions business in the Japanese corporate market, with a particular focus on Legal, Tax and Risk solutions, through both direct sales and external / internal partner channels.
Your responsibilities will also cover the representation of the company towards clients and external events. You will also be involved in participating and leading some Business Development activities in order to realize the business' specific strategic goals related to revenue growth.
With a demonstrated history in Senior Management/Business Development roles in medium to large multinationals over the past 10 years, you will have:
- Experience leading and managing front line teams.
- Experience in developing a business from early stages to mature state
- Significant exposure to the Japan Corporate business with the facilitation of strategic engagements with Partners and Customers.
- Demonstrated decision making ability with the capacity to develop long term goals, plans and projects/policies to achieve the organisation & client objectives.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, both in Japanese and English, combined with strong commercial acumen.
- Experience in representing the organization to the Corporate community, industry groups, key customers, representatives of government and regulatory agencies, and the general public.
- Comfortable in a highly matrixed environment.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build strong relationships with local colleagues and leverage the existing Thomson Reuters' business in Japan to accelerate growth.
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top