Head of FPG Managed Service Operations
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters Elektron As A Service (EaaS) provides clients with a range of business critical services including both consolidated and low latency market data, value added applications, bespoke systems and collocation facilities. The service is delivered from multiple facilities located in primary financial hubs centres and is operated by Thomson Reuters in conjunction with several strategic partners. Demand for the service has grown rapidly as financial organisations look to reduce costs by focusing on their core business functions and outsourcing technical operations to trusted partners.
To lead the organization that delivers Managed Services for the Financial Practice group of Thomson Reuters Customers. To partner with each of the FPG customers in understanding their business operations model and service requirements to ensure the managed service delivers on their expectations.
- Responsible for leading the FPG managed services team globally with a focus on high-value service delivery working in close partnership with each customer to ensure the managed service is meeting the requirements of their business operations.
- Play an active and leading role in the resolution of serious incidents. Attend appropriate resolution forums and give direction to resolution owners. Ensure post incident reports are accurate and timely and follow up action to prevent recurrences are identified and implemented.
- Ensure that all changes to the environment take into account the availability requirements of the FPG customers and that those changes are fully assessed to mitigate any risk and communicated in advance.
- Oversee the management of 3rd party suppliers ensuring they are delivering to the required service levels and working through improvement actions as necessary where issues exist.
- Work with each customer to understand their business operations processes and determine how these can be integrated into Elektron as a Service
- Provide a framework for the analysis and documentation of client operational activities.
- Work closely with internal account teams to maintain a regular dialogue about the clients so that all parties are closely aligned in the current status and activities
- Develop and maintain a trusted working relationship with key people in each of the FPG customers and provide a consistent point of contact throughout their engagement with Thomson Reuters including pre-sales, onboarding and production operation
- Manage bespoke Service Level Agreements where they exist; ensure understanding of the client requirements throughout the service delivery organisations and tracking performance
- Ensure external partners are aware of the specific requirements for each FPG client and are adapting their organization to meet their needs
- Provide regular internal reporting of the status of each customer relationship and experience targeted at senior levels of the organisation
- Identify opportunities for ongoing improvement in the service for each FPG customer
- Work with potential new clients in the pre-sales stage to help them develop an insight into the service experience they will have as a managed service customer
- Operates as part of the broader Manages Service Operations leadership team.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders, external customers, and suppliers. Stakeholders include GTM (who input work to FPSI and own client relationships), Customer Admin (who handle permissions upstream of FPSI and billing downstream) and Proposition and Product (who own the products/services we sell).
- Lead a team of Client service managers across multiple locations. Responsible for talent development, succession planning, talent retention, and management of staff through effective leadership skills. Responsible for employee engagement and for talent acquisition and management to best meet the current and future needs of the organization.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Extensive experience in customer service, a substantial portion of which would be directly customer facing
- Extensive technical operations experience with relevant industry certifications (e.g. ITIL) desirable
- Educated to a degree level. If not, is able to demonstrate aforementioned experience
- Excellent ability to engage and influence stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills - Experience in building, developing and managing high performance teams and forging professional relationships with key customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial information technology and industry.
- Excellent customer service skills - Previous experience and a strong demonstrable track record of achievement in a customer facing relationship management role at a senior level within an IT organization that should include good experience of technical account management and product provisioning operations.
- Excellent problem management, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work with virtual teams to successfully deliver projects or resolutions to escalations
- Accustomed to working under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Independent worker with superior time management and escalation skills.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills - Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels both orally and in writing.
- Full understanding of high quality customer service and project Implementations.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top