Head of Executive Search
About the Position:
We're in the process of doing something quite challenging, we're centralizing a previously distributed recruiting organization that supports over 25,000 global employees. The good news is that we have the support of our internal customers and business partners to drive a successful change. We are looking for a high caliber Executive Search leader to come in and lead the development of our first centralized in-house executive search team. You could be based in Toronto, Minneapolis, Dallas, or NYC and will report into the Head of Global Recruiting but your reach will span many of the countries we operate in. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Partner closely with our Chief People Office, Head of Talent, Human Resources Business Partners, and our internal customers
- Ensure that Diversity & Inclusion is the foundation of each search undertaken
- Build a world-class executive recruitment process that guarantees a great candidate experience
- Level up our executive assessment process by gaining a deep understanding of the requirements of each role, creating weighted score cards, ensuring consistent and planned assessment/interview workflows, and utilizing assessment tools to ensure that we hire the best available talent
- Be a trusted talent advisor to our internal customers bringing forward market insight that will help shape what good looks like and will impact role profile and/or location strategy
- Drive outcomes and transparency by embracing our existing tools, seeking out new tools, and by using data to tell your story and lead the function
- Get creative and ensure that our brand is accurately reflected in each of our markets leveraging the best of working for Thomson Reuters
- Gain a deep understanding of our business, talent and location strategies so that you can guide both hiring managers and candidates through making the right decisions
- Although we will be filling many searches through our own efforts, you will build strong relationships with Executive Search Firms as needed
You are a continuous learner who thrives in an environment where change is constant. You love gaining deep insight into how departments run, their key opportunities/challenges, and the talent needed to drive growth. You aren't afraid to take a good hard look at legacy tools or ways of working and re-imagining what is possible. You know that the devil is in the details and use data as a foundational way to measure impact. You know that perfection is the enemy of getting stuff done and love trying out new ways of working. Above all else, you are passionate about talent and can dig into the details of not only the skills that are being recruited for, but how teams work in order to achieve their goals. Here are some more specific things:
- 8+ years of experience working in executive search
- You have been trained on and have strong opinions about assessment tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience being a coach and guiding candidates through career changing decisions
- You have great examples of how you have competed and won in highly competitive talent markets finding game changing talent
- Ability to have influence over senior executives, in some cases challenging traditional ways of thinking and standing firm on your recommendations
- You have grit and refuse to give up - instead approaching challenges with a different perspective trying to find a solution
- Experience building teams and programs from scratch
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Toronto-Ontario-Canada;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America
Back to top