Head of Data & Analytics Architecture - F&R
"This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html "
Head of Data & Analytics Architecture - F&R
Thomson Reuters holds information relating to customers, products, people & finance and places significant value on information relating to knowledge & learning. In addition to hosting systems internally the strategy is to utilise third parties (cloud, SaaS etc.) and outsourcing vendors to support business processes and provide services. Maintaining the quality, integrity and access to data is essential for the exploitation (through BI, Analytics) and delivery of business systems in a cost-effective manner within this model.
The Head of Data Architecture:
- Is responsible for the definition, development, maintenance, communication and ongoing governance of Thomson Reuters Enterprise Business Systems' (EBS) core information, data, integration, BI, Analytics and search structures. They will be responsible for ensuring Thomson Reuters can leverage data to its full potential.
- Will provide a reference point for the data & information design of systems and projects. Their sphere of influence spans unstructured & structured data, search, integration (for the purposes of BI / Analytics), translation and access (input/output) to the information held and accessed.
- Will be required to have in depth knowledge of current and emerging data & analytics technologies and how these technologies can be exploited to provide the best outcome for the data domain.
- Will manage a small team of data and analytics architects within the EBS Enterprise Architecture team, and build strong working relationships with the network of specialists and primary stakeholders across the organisation.
- Develop and own a high-level data and analytics strategy for the enterprise, aligned to the Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Identify, propose and implement solutions where the data & analytics architecture can be utilised to achieve a competitive edge, adding value to the business and practice, with measurable payback.
- Establish and maintain key architecture components including data definitions, data models (logical and physical), taxonomies, web service repositories, business semantics and data flow diagrams.
- Map key business processes to current and target data & analytics architectures in alignment of the overall EBS Strategy.
- Definition of an end-to-end model for self-service covering data, BI and Analytics, addressing the need for core EBS data services required to support self-service.
- Development of the EBS services & platforms in support of self-service, that ensures EBS can both facilitate and catalyse the adoption of these services in the most effective way
- Collaborate across the organisation to ensure self-service is adopted in a safe, secure, consistent, re-useable and scalable way that promotes the establishment of a new 'data and information marketplace/exchange' and the de-centralised delivery of new insights into data.
- Ensure the consistent delivery (make consumable) of high volume product/user/system usage data, across a variety of formats (received in bulk or streamed).
- Maintain strong architectural knowledge of the following areas, ensuring they feature appropriately within the Data & Analytics Strategy :
- Relational Databases, including Oracle Exadata data warehouse, new data warehouse / analytics technology e.g. Snowflake, Spark
- 'Big Data' platforms & architecture, open source tools
- Standalone and Hybrid Cloud Data and Analytics Architectures
- Data Security and Privacy across all Data & Analytics Solutions
- Enterprise Systems' architecture including SAP, SalesForce
- Analytics tools including Oracle OBIEE, SAP Business Objects, Tableau
- Data Quality Management / Master Data Management (Informatica, other tools)
- Batch / Streamed Integration Technologies e.g. Informatica, Open Source
- Enterprise Search
- Metadata Repositories, Information Catalogs, Data Virtualisation Technologies
- Web Services and Repositories
- Regulatory and Compliance requirements e.g. GDPR
- Information Lifecycle Management, Data Retention
- Collaborate closely with the demand teams, delivery teams, Enterprise and Solution Architects in development of roadmaps and strategies
- Ensure data & analytics architecture demand is appropriately resourced
- Ensure output of the data & analytics architecture is of good quality, timely and aligned with EBS Enterprise Foundational Architecture (EFA)
- Creates and oversees the architectural design for medium and large sized projects consistent with long term technology strategy
- Partner with solution architects, solution designers and enterprise architects on large projects to ensure that architectural design is consistent with long term technical strategy
- Ensures that the data & analytics architecture is communicated, understood and adhered to by the project teams within a domain area
- Partners with customers, business analysts and other stakeholders to analyse requirements and provide design recommendations
- Participate in EBS Architecture governance board and represent the data & analytics architecture aspect of projects to highlight any business risks
- Data & Analytics strategy for EBS
- Data & Analytics architecture for EBS
- Demand management and resourcing of data & analytics architecture
- Data & Analytics strategy & architecture for Thomson Reuters within the context of EBS but also considering wider stakeholders
- Direction on the creation of the data & analytics architecture for projects and programmes
- Capacity forecasting for data & analytics architecture resource needs within projects and programmes
Essential Skills & Experience
- Data & Analytics strategy development
- Data & Analytics architecture development
- Data & Analytics policy formation
- Information asset management
- Information modelling
- Unstructured information analysis
- Information taxonomy creation
- Information systems design
- Information insight generation
- Information visualization
- Business scenario development
- Stakeholder management
- Global teaming and remote collaboration
- Usability design
- Business domain analysis
- Business process improvement
- Business process modelling
- Data warehousing
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top