Head of API Development
Head of API Development
As part of a Thomson Reuters wide intitiative to establish a technology centre of excellence in Toronto there is a requirement to recruit a Head of API development. This role is a senior leadership role accountable for building and leading a new API development team based in Toronto reporting into the Head of Content Cloud technologies.
This role is critical in driving our simplification agenda across API's and Frameworks which will support our key intiiatives – Enterprise Content Platform (ECP) and our Next Generation Enterprise Data Feeds (EDS) which forms the overall Thomson Reuters Open Platform Strategy.
- Recruit and build out Toronto based API development team
- Management of all development, support and maintenance activites for key APIs
- Work with key partners, peers and stakeholders to help define and develop the API technology roadmaps
- Plan and prioritse workloads appropriately across the team
- Provide staff leadership to the API team and contribute to the wider technology leadership team within the Toronto technology Centre
- Ensure compliance with Thomson Reuters technical policies and standards
- Experience of building and leading technology teams
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API management platforms and API related activities: requirement analysis, software architecture and design, resource-based API modeling, micro-services architecture
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in API security standards and implementation (Oauth, OpenId)
- Knowledge regarding APIs applied to business: API Economy, Monetization / Billing, Industry use cases
- Proven track record of acting as SME for API projects
- Knowledge and experience designing and implementing SOA and API Governance
- 6 years of experience as both a hands-on architect and or software engineer in the following domains:
- Knowledge and Experience cloud services and deployment
- Database (SQL server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra)
- SOA, EDA, and Design patterns.
- Knowledge and experience with GoLang a plus
- Extensive experience in communicating with executive leadership and has proven communication skills to work across technical and business teams
- Proven track record of managing technology vendorsStrong experience of operating in a quickly changing environment and driving technological innovation to meet business
- Knowledge of financial markets and Thomson Reuters F&R products is highly desirable
- Practical experience of developing solutions hosting within key major cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud and Azure.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top