Head - Legal Sales
Business: Legal, Asia and Emerging Markets (AEM)
Reporting to: Head of Legal Professional Sales, Asia and works in close collaboration with Country Lead, India
- This position is to lead the Legal Professional sales segment in India.
- The primary responsibilities of this role is for the sales and account management performance of the Legal Professional segment in India.
- This role will be responsible for delivering high growth of Thomson Reuters propositions/portfolios to the legal services market in India. Initially the portfolios will include Elite, Contract Express, Practical Law and Westlaw.
- This role will work closely with key members of the Legal Professional segment regional team, in particular Head of Customer Success, Head of Marketing and Head of Proposition.
- The role holder will lead & manage a team of territory managers and sales executives.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Financial Performance: Achievement of annual gross sales, retention/book of business and revenue targets for Legal Professional segment in India
- Planning: Develop sales and go to market channel strategy to ensure that growth and sales targets are met for the Legal Professional segment
- Reporting: Provides regular forecasting and reporting on all key financial information such as new sales and new business opportunities
- Market Insights/Strategic: Share market insights and needs within the business. Partner with Head of Proposition to develop business cases for specific investments to drive new/enhance propositions for India
- Client engagement: Close and regular engagement program with key clients/prospects in India
- People management: Manages team consisting of face to face sales professionals by participating on face to face sales visits, providing guidance on sales-related issues (pricing, proposals), mentoring, monitoring activity, managing performance of the team and its members and ensuring administrative tasks are done timely and other day-to-day management activities.
- Assists in all recruiting, onboarding, coaching and development needs of the teams.
- Drives the teams to increase effectiveness and results to attain sales quota, revenue goals and renewal targets.
- Drives the effective design and implementation of sales/account plans in the region, converge the efforts of all sales professionals to optimize the overall year over year growth.
- Ensures positive and effective relationships are established and maintained with customers which may include regularly attending customer meetings and conferences to add value through support of team members and to increase customer touch point.
- Assists in customer escalation issues and provide customer relationship support as needed.
- Provides information regarding competitive intelligence to upper management.
- Provides accurate and timely sales and account management reports, forecasts, expense reports, customer evaluation reports or any other reports requested by management.
- Ensures team members are knowledgeable on products, sales and account management process and overall policies and procedures.
- Ensures all business dealings are handled professionally and ethically in accordance to established and accepted business practices.
Works closely with regional leadership group to:
- Build and nurture a diverse, collaborative, high performing and engaged talent base across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Develop and deploy commercial and sales policies that optimise customer acquisition and profitable growth.
- Drive an innovation, simplification, agile, digital and non-bureaucratic mindset across the region.
- Build and maintain highly collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with colleagues throughout AEM.
Competencies & Skills:
- Incumbent must know the legal services market in India & have proven sales leadership experience.
- Proven ability to deliver results through use of key sales and revenue metrics.
- Proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments/organizations and influence at all levels
- Ability to build relationships, influence and gain resource from across the organization.
- Ability to motivate, coach and mentor in a sales environment.
- Must have strong presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills; history of frequent customer facing environment.
- Negotiation and deal structure skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top