Graduate Media Business Enablement Specialist
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
The successful candidate will be accountable for providing competitive insights, market information and building the relevant training collateral and tools to support the sales community. The candidate will work closely with a variety of departments including sales, commercial policy, product, strategy and finance teams - giving the chance to build a fantastic stakeholder network and gain great exposure to the wider business.
This role is ideal for an early-career business / communication graduate, with some work experience and looking to build a career in Media while developing their analytical skills and business acumen.
This position is a 6 month fixed term contract/internship.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Build competitive analysis and deliver insights that identify areas of strengths / weaknesses to the sales team
- By harnessing cancellation, win / loss and competitive data, the candidate will identify growth opportunities for the sales organization and support campaign roll outs
- Build and develop relevant sales material and content (e.g. 'battle cards') for the sales team to successfully deliver on these initiatives
- Take ownership and partner with Sales and Editorial teams to design a feedback loop process to capture customer insights - allowing to draw and consolidate key market trends
- Using innovative training tools, build content for an on-boarding program for new starters
- Be the conduit for sharing and communicating sales best practices across the community (i.e. blog posts, sales sonars, multimedia content etc)
- Project Manage the roll out of sales initiatives and the communication calendar, ensuring the appropriate flow-down of news to sales employees across 27 countries
- Foster an online community and digital presence for the sales team to ensure they are getting the right information 'just in time' (i.e. developing and improving mobile app, theHub page etc.)
Sales and account management, Sales Excellence, Global Commercial Operations, Product Management, Finance, Strategy
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- Analytical Skills
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Team player
- Creative thinking
- Microsoft Office with Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Design experience creating multimedia content e.g. interactive graphics, editing videos
- Experience with Salesforce
- Bachelor degree in Business, Communication, Marketing or related fields
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top