TRSS is a wholly US-owned, independent subsidiary of Thomson Reuters. Our analysts combine open source research with the full suite of proprietary Thomson Reuters data holdings to deliver actionable intelligence to our clients. The full-time Government Analyst position will join our trained cadre of analysts using advanced research methodologies, sophisticated analytics, and a wealth of data to support our clients' mission requirements in our core areas of threat management, technology-enabled solutions, and comprehensive research services. New Government Analysts will become part of a diverse team leveraging real-world experience in the US national security community, US military, state and Federal law enforcement, and the private sector to provide innovative, risk-focused solutions to clients. The position is open only to US citizens with a US TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Provide insightful, well-researched analysis and guidance to clients bases on rigorous, in-depth analysis using public records, proprietary data, and open source data (including social media).
- Provide client support, including but not limited to meeting client inquiries, delivering ad hoc reporting, advising on analytic best practices, and participating in working groups.
- Interact professionally with clients and respond quickly to their requests, while engaging with the entire project team in a collegial and professional manner.
- Expand multisource research capabilities and make positive contributions to our ability to exceed current client requirements and overcome future challenges.
- Demonstrate personal accountability and ownership of work, with an emphasis on exhibiting success in accomplishing progressively more complex tasks, projects, and collaborations.
This position will have access to highly sensitive public record information and as a result, all new hires and current employees in positions of this level will be subject to periodic background checks.
- US citizen holding a US TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- B.A. required; relevant military or prior USG experience in lieu of a B.A. considered.
- Two or more years previous work experience relating to research and analysis.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated high proficiency using open source, social media, and research database tools, with emphasis on incorporating multiple data streams into a single deliverable.
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, Chinese, or Russian).
- Programming and technical skills.
- Previous experience with network analysis and/or social network analysis tools and methodologies.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
McLean-Virginia-United States of America
Back to top