Full time government analyst utilizing public records and open source data to help clients understand risk. Provide subject matter expertise on case specific analysis and research on the proliferation of public records and open source information. Experience in social media analysis is foundational to the position.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise, and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Conduct advanced in-depth data analysis using publically available information in social media platforms, open sources, and commercial databases to support national security objectives.
- Develop online research methodologies and techniques to analyze trends, explore geo-tagged social media content, and leverage big datasets.
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior-level analysts.
- Participate as a member of client's analytical working group, and provide guidance with regard to risk mitigation.
- Produce well researched and conceptualized reports highlighting key analytic findings.
- Interact professionally with clients and respond quickly to their requests.
- Engage with project team members in a collegial and professional manner.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This position will have access to highly sensitive public record information and as a result, all new hires and current employees in positions of this level will be subject to periodic background checks.
- Ability to obtain US Security clearance
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus. Relevant military or prior government experience in lieu of four-year degree considered.
- 4-8 years' previous work experience relating to research and analysis.
- 2 years' experience using social media to support research and analysis; previous experience or familiarity with social network and link analysis methods and software.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and write analytic reports.
- Strong web-based research skills.
- Previous experience with social network analysis tools and methods.
- High proficiency in using a variety of social media platforms.
- Previous experience with research design and methods with a focus on incorporating open source and public records data analysis.
- Foreign language skills.
- Experience with mapping software.
- Programming and technical skills.
- Database management.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
"According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2017 fiscal year (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017)."
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top