Full time government analyst utilizing public records and open source data to help clients understand risk. Provide subject matter expertise on case specific analysis and research on the proliferation of public records and open source information. Experience in social media analysis is foundational to the position.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise, and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Conduct in-depth data analysis using skills in public records and open source data.
- Provide client support, including on-site (e.g. client inquiries, requests for ad hoc reporting, miscellaneous research, and advice on analytic methods) and training to client end users.
- Provide reports of key analytic findings and guidance to clients with regard to risk mitigation.
- Participate as member of client's analytical working group.
- Interact professionally with clients and respond quickly to their requests.
- Engage with project team in a collegial and professional manner.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This position will have access to highly sensitive public record information and as a result, all new hires and current employees in positions of this level will be subject to periodic background checks.
- Ability to obtain US Security clearance
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- 1-4 years' previous work experience relating to research and analysis.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience or familiarity with social network and link analysis methods and software.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and write analytical reports.
- High proficiency in using social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google , and YouTube, as well as familiarity with social media shorthand and online slang.
- For certain positions/client work, previous experience with research design and methods with a focus on incorporating open source and public records data analysis.
- Foreign language skills.
- Experience with mapping software.
- Programming and technical skills.
- Database management.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
"According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2017 fiscal year (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017)."
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top