Government & Academia Program Manager
- Work closely with TR internal to improve TR's position in China with government officials.
- Develop strong connections with government officials and policymakers which can be used to educate and improve policies being considered which impact the company.
- Work with the head of Government and Academia institution to develop and maintain a regular reporting mechanism to keep key internal stakeholders apprised of developments.
- Develop, schedule, prepare, brief and carry out China visits by TR executives who are coming to assist in the government affairs work.
- Coordinate TR's public policy development with internal stakeholders, local trade associations and external government interests in China.
- Support the head of Government and Academia institution to remain the relationship.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive multi-year strategy for TR government relations in China based on the changing regulatory landscape and market opportunities.
- Conduct government events with marketing team.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- MA or equivalent job experience required.
- 3-5 years total work experience in China with financial policy development and government advocacy.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- An ability to operate with autonomy and accountability and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and government entities.
- Covered PBOC, SAFE before.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Knowledge of the financial or technical industry desirable, as is the ability to understand Fin and technical concepts and explain them in terms that are relevant and comprehensible to the policy maker.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top