GNOC Network Engineer
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Purpose of this role:
The purpose of the GNOC is to support Thomson Reuters WAN networks: MPLS backbone, Internet access, Last mile distribution to customers and diverse Core and Edge networks.
- Monitoring and troubleshoot of network related incidents affecting our internal MPLS backbone, ISP circuits, last-mile circuits and circuits to exchanges/financial information vendors.
- Call out outages to global and local service providers, via phone call, email or carrier support portal
- Perform initial troubleshooting for any network outage.
- Act of 1st point of escalation for any WAN network outage, liaising with internal customers, vendors and 2nd level of support
- Implement lightweight and routine changes on network devices, as well low level complexity break/fix changes in order to mitigate, solve network outages or fulfill service requests
- Use Thomson Reuters internal ticket system as a centralized tool for incident management. (HP Service manager 9 tailored for Thomson Reuters)
- Use IBM netcool, tailored for Thomson Reuters Wide Area Networks(WAN) for live monitoring and realtime alarms recollection
- Use Sevone for any stats recollection, throughput and performance measure, QoS Analysis,
- Use Splunk for historical alarms recollections
- Use HP Node Admin for configuration change tracking
- Use Netbrain for reviewing network topology changes
- Follow TR TS&C incident process, opening troubleshooting calls that involves several parties (internal and external).
- CCNA Certification Preferred
- JNCIA Certification Preferred
- 2 years of experience in Carrier or large WAN Corporate Network environment
- 2 years of experience working with Carrier grade Network devices (Cisco 7600, CSR-1, ASR9k),
- Basic knowledge of network protocols such as RIP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VRF, , HSRP, VRRP, Spanning tree, Multicast delivery, NAT, ISDN, HDLC, T1, T3, Sonet, Gigabit, Tengigabit, Metro-ethernet networks
- Troubleshooting of last-mile connectivity
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Experience working with real-time monitoring tools
- 2 years of experience in first level support teams, facing both internal and external customers.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top