Global Business Director
A Global Business Director positionis available to manage four large Energy customers headquartered in Beijing,China and will report to the Managing Director, Energy Practice Group anddotted line to the Managing Director, China.
GLOBAL BUSINESS DIRECTOR (GBD)
The GBD acts as a catalyst to bring Thomson Reuters together inservice of the client. They are astrategic relationship manager who leads, develops and executes the globalaccount strategy for major clients. Theymaximize financial and strategic value, align short term needs to longer termbusiness strategies, and satisfy the customer's medium- and long-term businessneeds. They do so by sharing insightsinto the marketplace, uncovering client needs, building awareness of howThomson Reuters can deliver on those, negotiating related deals, and partneringacross the enterprise to deliver.
The role requires the incumbent to pivot constantly: from thehighly strategic to tactical execution; from influencing client and ThomsonReuters executives, to engaging those deep into both organizations; from being marketplaceexpert, to consummate deal-maker, to operations specialist.
Above all, the GBD acts as the voice of the customer to ThomsonReuters executives and elsewhere internally: they convey customer needs, andenable delivery on these. They areagnostic about product, business unit and geography, and act as the matchmaker,connecting the customer C-suite into Thomson Reuters and driving complex, enterprisedeals. They are at the forefront ofmarket trends, anticipating where these are headed, implications for the client,and ways that Thomson Reuters can help. They ensure the company delivers against customer expectations, byleveraging a deep internal network to lead and influence large, virtual, globalteams.
While it has elements of both sales and operations, the GBD roleis even more so about business and relationship management and executiveengagement. It requires a rare combinationof skills and experience, and opens up a wide range of opportunities for ThomsonReuters, our customers - and the GBDs themselves.
Customer: manageand build book of business to maximize revenue growth
- Drivestrategic engagement and commercial relationships in key energy clients; ensureThomson Reuters delivery
- Identify,negotiate and deliver opportunities that benefit both the customers and ThomsonReuters
- DeliverThomson Reuters propositions to clients that addresses their specific andstrategic needs
- EstablishC-suite dialogue and relationships, connect more deeply into client; bringknowledge, network into TR
- Findnew opportunities through strategic projects to scale against core customers; leadextension of propositions
- Builddeep understanding of customer business, and ensure highest levels of customersatisfaction
- Advocatefor the client within Thomson Reuters, and act as Thomson Reuters ambassador inclient's enterprise to drive product innovation addressing requirements overthe short and long term
- Build,deliver and track strategic account plan with the client, Thomson Reutersglobal account team and Thomson Reuters senior management; forecast, track, reportkey information, performance indicators
- Increaseprofitable Thomson Reuters revenue and market share on a global basis
Thomson Reuters: lead virtual global team todeliver against client requirements
- Connectclient into Thomson Reuters: most senior relationship leader and escalationpoint, who makes connections to address opportunities, resolve issues, and leadthe engagement
- Understandwhat business Thomson Reuters already conducts with these clients; join this upacross the enterprise
- Build,lead, influence global virtual team; know whom to engage, how to engage them toensure delivery for client
- EnsureThomson Reuters executives, others understand client needs; address over short-and long-term
- Develop,mentor and identify enterprise sales and relationship management talent
- Partnerwith Thomson Reuters C-Level Executive Sponsor of accounts
Marketplace:enable the customer to stay ahead
- Leveragedeep insight into the energy sector, to uncover opportunity and risk for client- and how to address
- Provideinsightful, agnostic, thought-provoking advice to the customer: not always todrive a Thomson Reuters sale
- Sharefeedback and market requirements with Thomson Reuters proposition / productdesign and management
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Atleast 3-5 years leading strategic accounts across multiple sectors / segments;direct and / or virtual leadership of global teams
- Trackrecord in multiple business functions, including one or more of: frontline sales,account management, business and sales operations, proposition and productmanagement
- Haveexperience working for or with Chinese state-owned enterprises, especially withregards to the purchase of products and services from IT and professionalservices vendors
- Ideallyexperience with/or working for energy customers
- Builtdeep connections across large matrix organizations, leading to great ability todrive results in multiple ways
- Entrepreneurialspirit and ideally experience: thrives in ambiguity, adapts to shiftingcircumstances
- Ledcomplex, strategic negotiations, and delivery on subsequent agreements
- Establishedvision and strategy, and influenced complex network to deliver on it
- Networker:connected in energy and/or stated owned entities; abreast of latest trends,strong C-suite engagement skills and track record
- Relationshipmanagement and consultative selling, from board-room to individual contributor;highly diplomatic
- Strategicaccount planning; negotiation and management of complex, global accounts
- Excellentcommunication skills: written, in person, virtual
- Globalexperience: lived in / worked across multiple markets; led global, virtualteams
- Speaksfluent Mandarin Chinese and English
- BA/BSrequired. Advanced degree (MBA, JD/LLB, MA/MS, MEng etc) preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top