Global Business Consultant, Automotive Practice Group
The Global Business Consultant (GBC) role is a business development role, servicing some of the largest and most strategic customers of Thomson Reuters, with a focus on the Automotive sector. This role is part of Thomson Reuters Automotive Practice Group (APG) and provides global support, financial and business analysis to the Automotive Global Business Director (GBD) and Global Business Manager (GBM) in a highly complex environment.
The Global Business Consultant (GBC) is to drive revenue and relationship growth by supporting the strategy and execution of the GBD and global account teams to maximize Thomson Reuters impact and value to the customer while growing revenue. The GBC acts as both a business and strategy manager, responsible for the coordination of global account plans, the collection, analysis, and presentation of account metrics, account reviews, and account enhancements. As a relationship manager, each GBC articulates and distributes communications on account-specific tactical and strategic initiatives, high-level and long-term strategy, and the constant improvement of the customer experience.
- Support the GBD and GBM to grow and retain revenue, and actively grow the enterprise pipeline for the Automotive sector.
- Support client activities and engagements - including in-person customer meetings and events, development of account strategy, preparation for client engagements, development of partnership opportunities and thought leadership.
- Support and manage account planning with the virtual team members. Ensure high quality, up-to-date account plans are in place.
- Provide customers and TR senior leadership with an enterprise view of customers and solutions that resonate with customers, across all BUs; be responsible for promoting collaboration across regions and BUs, helping escalate and resolve issues and elevating relationships.
- Provide insight, analysis and support to the GBD in commercial, strategic partnership conversations with key accounts in the form of proposal support for new opportunities, analysis and planning for renewals, strategy and thought leadership sessions.
- Act as global point of contact on behalf of the GBD with the virtual team across Thomson Reuters in the form of global team meetings and calls, communications and in support of the global strategy for the customers.
- Actively develop best practices for global enterprise account management for Corporates Bring the voice of the customer back into Thomson Reuters by assisting the GBD in feeding back key concerns of our customers to TR senior leadership to help TR adapt to our customer needs, applying our learning to other accounts within the sector and other corporate accounts within APG.
- Develop strategy and provide support for account contract creation and negotiation
- Conduct business and strategy analysis, financial analysis and budget forecasting of data provided by the Operations team
- Research and profile customer organizational structures and areas of focus for C-suite engagement for the GBDs and virtual team members
- Participate in and coordinate Thomson Reuters involvement in both industry and customer events that are aligned to the overall goals of the APG.
- Serve as core knowledge resource
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, Masters degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 5 years' experience in a similar function
- 4 years' Automotive sector experience, preferably in the areas of global supply chain, global trade, corporate strategy
- Working experience in a strategy or business operating role within a top tier company; automotive experience preferable
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically on complex business issues of significant impact within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholder groups and cross functional teams under time pressures and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work with global teams and matrixed organization
- Strong project management skills
- Effective decision making ability
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive amidst ambiguity and adapt to shifting circumstances.
- Excellent collaboration, partnership and diplomatic skills, and able to influence and drive change, encourage collaboration, and work effectively in a complex matrix-driven organization.
- Strong understanding of MS office products: Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word
- Excellent learning curve and strong entrepreneurship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top