General Manager, Tax & Trade Segment
We're looking for a strategic and innovative customer segment leader to drive the strategy and value proposition roadmap for knowledge-based solutions used by tax professionals. As a customer segment leader, you'll collaborate with a cross-functional team to identify market opportunities and define and deliver innovative offerings that are tailored to the needs of your market segment. This is a unique opportunity to play a hands-on role in delivering value to customers in new ways and through new experiences.
- Responsibility for the growth of our business with tax and trade professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms, government, educational institutions and other types of organizations
- Strong understanding of our customers' strategies, needs, and opportunities
- Directs the development of market segments; determines commercial strategy for Tax and Trade lines of business and monitors the development of business plans, managing product lifecycles and product positioning in the marketplace
- Able to identify and appraise commercial opportunities – identify key issues, opportunities, and threats that inform product line strategy; translates corporate direction and strategic focus into product portfolio decisions; establishes pricing strategies
- Accountable for executing on the strategy and determining how to allocate and prioritize time and resources within the context of new opportunities and commercial programs
- Regularly interacts with executives and major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or internal management to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Success will be measured by delivery of ACV and revenue Plan as well as other subjective measures
- Motivated by challenge, willing to wear multiple hats, mental toughness and resilience
- Transformational leader with ability to mobilize a team toward a common vision; strong organizational and project management skills; outstanding time management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver results; a strong team player.
- Experience leading and motivating virtual teams
- Ability to synthesize and communicate complex functional issues to internal and external stakeholders, including technical, financial and corporate audiences
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous issues
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a global, complex and highly-matrixed organization
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 12 years of product management experience in a global market environment.
- Degree required; MBA a plus
- Strong experience with Knowledge Solutions products desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated capacity to think and act strategically; demonstrated ability to understand commercial, technological and strategic drivers in order to execute strategy.
- Proven ability to influence internal and external audiences, including cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Strategic focus with experience growing product lines.
- Change oriented and experience driving transformational initiatives
- P&L responsibility a plus.
- Executive presence
- Exhibits a passion for creating customer value – understands target customers, their needs, wants, and aims, and aligns business processes, products, and services to satisfy customers and build customer relationships.
- Understands and effectively makes use of 'voice of the customer' techniques and methods to gather insights and inform decision making; supports insights with quantitative research where required.
- Able to identify and evaluate commercial opportunities and translate corporate direction into product portfolio decisions.
- Able to prepare business cases, consolidate and monitor revenue forecasts, prepare sensitivity analysis and understand related business risks.
- Understands and effectively plans all go-to-market activities that are necessary to achieve client adoption or retention goals, including customer on-boarding, support planning, pre- and post-sales training, and marketing collateral development.
- Willingness to travel
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top