General Manager, Corporate Market Strategic Accounts
- Carrollton, TX
Thomson Reuters has a new opportunity for a General Manager of Corporate Market Strategic Accounts. This role is accountable for delivering sales and retention growthand leading sales, account management, solutions consulting and proposition teams for our largest Corporate clients. Corporates was formed as a new segment within Thomson Reuters in 2018. The Corporates segment serves corporate customers, including the seven largest accounting firms, with our full suite of offerings across legal, tax, regulatory, and compliance functions.
Our technology drives global markets and helps professionals around the world make decisions that matter. Our customers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. The business has operated in more than 100 countries for more than 100 years. Whether solving for today's challenges or tomorrow's aspirations, you will work with the industry's brightest thinkers on diverse projects, creating next-generation solutions that deliver powerful results.
As the world's leading provider of intelligent information, we want your unique perspective to create the solutions that advance our business-and your career.
Bring your passion for innovation and together we'll make a difference. Think Big, Make it Simple, Move Fast!
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Owning top-line metrics (e.g., revenue, sales) across all TR propositions sold to our largest Corporate clients
- Developing the sales and go-to-market strategies for TR propositions to meet specific needs of clients within the Strategic sub-segment to enable their greatest growth
- Establishing business advisory relationships with named Strategic Accounts to enable growth, broaden the use of TR products and ensure retention of clients within the sub-segment
- Manages sales leaders and their dedicated sales teams, as well as the functions of solutions consulting, client retention and proposition
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans, directs forecasting activities, reviews opportunity pipeline and sets appropriate metrics for sales activity management
- Strengthens relationships with current customers by engaging with customers directly and ensuring dedicated (e.g., in-person) support, offering ongoing services and bespoke upgrades, and planning for future needs of major corporate accounts
- Meets with executives at key clients and prospects to assist with negotiating and closing large deals or resolving product issue
- Oversees the development of the customer value proposition and market/business development activities for the sub-segment (e.g., market definition, distribution strategy, pricing and packaging, positioning and buyer personas)
- Ensures retention and expansion of revenue from current customers by collaborating with product teams to evaluate customer needs and increase cross-sell or up-sell of relevant products to current customers
- Delivery of financial and strategic OKRs for the sub-segment
- Continuous, measurable improvement in end-to-end distinctive customer experience and service across channels (e.g. customer satisfaction [NPS], churn and retention)
- Growth through cross-sell/up-sell, net new customer acquisitions, and product innovation (e.g. E/R ratio, client acquisition)
- Distinctive propositions that can be clearly articulated and are a compelling buy for Strategic Corporate customers
- Refresh strategic workforce supported by active talent and succession pipeline (e.g. employee satisfaction)
Skills and Experience
- 15+ years of experience, with specifically 5-10 years' experience in direct sales and account management
- Proven experience as a VP of Sales or in a Business Development leadership role
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing sales organization
- Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers
- Comfortable with a matrix-managed approach
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
- Skilled at conflict resolution and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes
- An outside-in focus: outstanding customer relationship skills
- Preferred experience in managing a range of teams with technical, product and customer market operation expertise
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top