Full-Stack Web Software Engineer
Reuters is seeking an experienced Full-Stack Software Engineer to be a part of a small team of high-performers. You will work on front-end web interfaces and back-end services in our web servers and AWS, primarily contributing to the Reuters Connect platform.
Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality, and insight. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
Reuters Connect is the flagship business-to-business platform for meeting the needs of newsroom customers. It provides intelligent and intuitive ways to instantly source videos, pictures, and text. Some recent enhancements to Reuters Connect include ecommerce capabilities, a productivity suite offering third-party services to newsrooms, and redesigned homepage and user experience.
- Design, build, and test scalable web applications
- Explore and implement intuitive and compelling experiences
- Refactor or re-implement existing web user interfaces
- Estimate work scope and time and meet deadlines
- Review peers' work and provide feedback
- BS in Computer Science or similar field
- Knowledge of at least one web stack (Rails, Django, LAMP, etc.)
- Experience with React
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools, frameworks, and languages
- Adaptability to changing product needs to help seize business opportunities
- Understanding of user experience using quantitative data
- Ability to communicate design decisions and tradeoffs
- Passion for writing clean, maintainable code with tests
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Clojure/ClojureScript
- Regularly perform code reviews
- Automated cross-browser testing
- Functional programming experience
- Responsive design and CSS preprocessor experience
- Open source contributions
- Job in an international, dynamic environment
- Intensive training package
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Company social incentives.
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- Networking opportunities
- 2 additional days off for voluntary activities
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top