Full-Stack Web Developer
The Thomson Reuters REDI team is seeking a highly technical, hands-on Full Stack Web Developer. Our group is focused on bringing a new level of efficiency, transparency and openness to the trading process by building a collaborative community of investors, brokers, technology firms and content providers. Through our modular, end-to-end trade management platform, users can: execute everything from simple single stock trades to complex strategies across markets and time zones and manage their risk throughout the trade lifecycle; access our growing network of over 150 execution brokers to route Equities, Futures or Options orders globally, as well as dozens of integrated prime and clearing brokers through our expanding suite of middle office tools; and collaborate with our broker and vendor partners, who are able to efficiently plug into our platform to reach our community.
We are looking for a self-motivated and driven technologist, able to work both independently and in collaboration with other technologists at all levels. The candidate will preferably have professional experience in multiple development and architectural roles (application engineering, software architecture, networking, etc.).
- Work with existing senior members in defining and implementing the next stage of the architecture
- Gain an overall understanding of the current suite of web applications, including the UI and web services components. Work with other team members to improve the service experience for customers including the availability and resiliency of the system. Quickly analyze production problems and provide troubleshooting and support
- Develop complete regression and unit test cases to make sure components are tested rigorously in an automated fashion
- Collaborate with the QA teams to define and implement rigorous performance, stability and scalability testing
- Work directly with product management to ensure the software fully meets new functional requirements
- Collaborate with support and operations teams to ensure customers receive world class service and the platform operates smoothly without routine manual intervention.
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or other related degree, or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of system analysis and design in web applications. Keen understanding of the challenges in low-latency development and practical techniques for addressing them
- Test driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodology and its implementation
- Build/process management : GIT, gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Operating systems: Linux
- Experience working with high volume, high throughput, and low latency trading systems or similar type of low latency platforms
- Experience with Java development is highly desired
- In-depth understanding of the challenges in developing user interfaces for high-throughput, low-latency trading systems while meeting the highest standards in resiliency and scalability
- FIX, distributed systems, messaging middleware (Solace, Tibco, or similar)
- Strong Java/backend development skills are a plus (Jackson, Jersey, Guice, JUnit, mockito)
- Financial industry experience designing and implementing trading systems is a plus
- Collaborative system design and architecture
- Deliver service excellence on-time, on-scope and on-budget
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical and creative thinker; able to think "out of the box"
- Excellent problem solving skills. Able to quickly analyze production issues and provide short-term and long-term remediation
- Team player – willing and able to drive collaborative efforts across the organization to improve product quality, reduce expense and increase productivity
- Ability and interest in working in a dynamic, focused, energetic and rapidly evolving company
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top