Financial news translator
- We are looking for a strong candidate to fill this important position responsible for translating financial news, from English to Chinese for Reuters Chinese News (RCN).
- Successful candidate will be based in Beijing and will keep our Greater China clients informed about major policy changes, market developments, company news and other breaking news.
- He or she should have up-to-date knowledge of economic and financial matters, and remarkable language skills both in English and Chinese.
CF To provide translation of stories in a timely way which are accurate and complete. To view the full job code description, copy and paste the following url into your browser to access the GRF site, https://reachingourpeople.com/career-development/global-role-framework/. Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- University degree or above, with major in English, Finance or Journalism.
- At least 2 years related working experience.
- Understanding of the economy and of financial markets
- Self-motivated, and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Native Chinese speaker with good written Chinese and an excellent command of English
Qualifications External At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top